This buffalo chicken dip with greek yogurt is the perfect dip for game night, a party, a potluck, or just plain snacking. This is sure to be a hit! This buffalo chicken dip has creamy cheesy flavors with chicken and a touch of heat. It is topped with bubbling melted cheese. Dig in! It is such an easy appetizer that comes together with minimal effort and maximum snacking!
What Is Buffalo Chicken Dip Made Of?
Buffalo chicken dip is made with shredded chicken, hot sauce, ranch powder, greek yogurt, and light cheese. It is topped with shredded light cheddar cheese and baked in the oven for bubbly cheesy perfection. Then, it is topped with sliced green onions. It is such a delicious dip that is easy to make!
Ingredients For Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken: Use shredded chicken, canned chicken, or rotisserie chicken in this recipe.
- Hot Sauce: We used Frank’s hot sauce in this recipe.
- Cheese: Use Laughing Cow light cheese wedges or light cream cheese.
- Greek Yogurt: Use 0-fat greek yogurt in this buffalo chicken dip.
- Ranch Powder: Adds delicious flavor to the dip.
- Cheddar Cheese: Top the buffalo chicken dip with shredded light cheddar cheese before baking.
- Green Onions: Slice the green onions and sprinkle them over the dip once it is baked.
Why Add Greek Yogurt?
This buffalo chicken dip is made with greek yogurt. The 0-fat greek yogurt makes this buffalo chicken dip super creamy while being lightened up.
What Chicken To Use?
You can make this buffalo chicken dip with canned chicken, shredded chicken, or rotisserie chicken. Just make sure to use fully cooked chicken. Also, if you use canned chicken, rinse and drain it. We like to get canned chicken at Costco or Trader Joe’s.
What Hot Sauce To Use?
Cheese For Buffalo Chicken Dip
We used the laughing cow light cheese wedges in this recipe and topped this buffalo chicken dip with shredded light cheddar cheese before baking it in the oven. This makes this dip extra cheesy.
Is Buffalo Chicken Dip Spicy?
This buffalo chicken dip has a kick of spice from the hot sauce. The hot sauce adds flavor and this recipe is well-balanced so that it isn’t overpowering.
How To Make Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip
First, add the light Laughing Cow cheese wedges to a large bowl and mash them with a fork. Then, add the 0-fat greek yogurt, ranch powder, and hot sauce to the bowl.
After that, thoroughly mix all of these ingredients.
Next, add the cooked shredded chicken and the white parts of the green onions to the bowl.
Then, mix all of the ingredients.
Once mixed, transfer the buffalo chicken dip to an oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded light cheddar cheese on top and bake the dip in the oven.
After that, top with sliced green onions, and enjoy!
What Size Baking Dish To Use
Use a 4×5-inch oven-safe baking dish or a 6-8 inch round oven-safe soup bowl to cook the buffalo chicken dip in.
Serve A Crowd
If you are serving a larger crowd, you can double or triple this recipe. Just cook the buffalo chicken dip in a larger oven-safe dish if you do so.
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
We love to enjoy this buffalo chicken dip with crunchy celery, carrots, cucumbers, and tortilla chips.
How To Store Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you have any leftover buffalo chicken dip, transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. It is best enjoyed within 2-3 days when stored in the refrigerator. You can even reheat it in an oven-safe dish before enjoying it again.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- Crab Dip Recipe Hot Or Cold
- Buffalo Ranch Deviled Eggs
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories138
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 15%
- Cholesterol 30mg 10%
- Sodium 818mg 35%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 0%
- Sugars 2.9g
- Protein 17.6g 34%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.