Slow cooker buffalo chicken is a mouthwatering dish that combines tender, juicy chicken with the fiery kick of buffalo sauce. This slow cooker recipe gently simmers the chicken in a blend of zesty hot sauce, chicken broth, spices, and ranch powder resulting in a flavorful and effortless meal.
The slow cooker allows the flavors to meld together, creating a dish that’s not only spicy but incredibly savory. Whether piled onto a sandwich, layered over a salad, or served as sliders topped with blue cheese crumbles, slow cooker buffalo chicken is sure to be a favorite!
Why You Will Love This Slow Cooker Chicken
- The slow cooker does all the cooking.
- You get the delicious, classic flavors of buffalo chicken.
- This recipe is effortless to make!
- Slow cooker chicken has so many uses.
- This recipe uses simple ingredients.
What Is Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken?
This buffalo chicken is made by cooking chicken in the slow cooker with buffalo sauce and other seasonings. Once done, you will have slow cooker chicken with the classic flavors of buffalo chicken.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Chicken: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this recipe.
- Buffalo Sauce: Use your favorite buffalo sauce. We used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce.
- Chicken Broth: Adds flavor and is used to make sure the hot sauce flavor isn’t overpowering.
- Ranch: Use ranch powder to add flavor.
- Garlic: Add minced garlic for flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Green Onions: Slice the green onions and sprinkle them on top when ready to serve.
- Blue Cheese: Top with crumbled blue cheese once done.
How To Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Step 1: Add the buffalo sauce, chicken broth, ranch powder, and garlic to the slow cooker and mix.
Step 2: Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Then, add the chicken to the slow cooker. After that, flip the chicken to the other side so it is coated.
Step 3: Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook the chicken on low until it is fully cooked.
Step 4: Then, carefully remove the fully cooked chicken from the slow cooker and place it on a cutting board. Next, shred the chicken with two forks.
Step 5: Once shredded, pour the sauce from the slow cooker over the chicken so you can control how much you add and how spicy it will be. Then, top with sliced green onions and crumbled blue cheese.
- Add Chicken Broth: Make sure to add the chicken broth when making this recipe. The flavor of the buffalo hot sauce is very spicy and intense on its own. The chicken broth adds flavor to this recipe and helps ensure the buffalo sauce isn’t overpowering.
- Pour The Sauce Over Top: After you shred the chicken, we recommend pouring some of the sauce from the slow cooker on the chicken when ready to serve. We recommend this rather than adding the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. This way, you can control how much sauce you add and how spicy your chicken is.
- How To Shred The Chicken: Use two forks to shred the fully cooked chicken on a cutting board.
How To Use Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
This slow cooker buffalo chicken is easy to make and has many uses! Here are some dishes to make with this buffalo chicken:
- Sliders: Make buffalo chicken sliders with your favorite slider buns. Add sliced green onions and crumbled blue cheese for added flavor.
- Sandwich: Make a buffalo chicken sandwich.
- Tacos: Use this buffalo chicken to make tacos.
- Quesadillas: Add some of this slow cooker chicken to quesadillas.
- Burritos: Make a burrito with this buffalo chicken.
- Bread: Enjoy this buffalo chicken on a slice of toasted bread.
- Wraps: Add some of this chicken to wraps.
- Add To Pizza: Add some of this buffalo chicken to a pizza.
- Make Nachos: Make nachos with your favorite tortilla chips. Then, add some of this buffalo chicken and top with crumbled blue cheese and green onions.
- Lettuce Wraps: Lettuce wraps with buffalo chicken, sliced green onions, and crumbled blue cheese are a great low-carb option.
- Salad: Add this buffalo chicken to a salad. We made a salad with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, buffalo chicken, sliced green onions, and our blue cheese dressing.
How To Store And Reheat
To Store: Store leftover fully cooked buffalo chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy it within 3-4 days.
To Reheat: If you want to reheat buffalo chicken, heat it in a saucepan over low heat on the stove or in a microwave-safe container in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Last?
This fully cooked buffalo chicken lasts 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is excellent for meal prep and can be used in many dishes!
Can You Freeze Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze cooked buffalo chicken. Let it cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. Then, freeze it for 1-2 months.
Is Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Healthy?
This slow cooker buffalo chicken is a lightened-up, healthier option. There is no butter in this recipe! Instead, we used chicken broth to control the spicy flavor of the buffalo hot sauce. It makes this dish much lighter while adding flavor.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
- Buffalo Ranch Sauce
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this slow cooker buffalo chicken!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories234
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 0%
- Cholesterol 127mg 43%
- Sodium 392mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0%
- Sugars 0.1g
- Protein 42.8g 84%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.