I am excited to share my twist on protein fluff! I love this protein fluff because I have made it with some healthier options. It is packed with protein from cottage cheese and vanilla protein powder, and combined with freeze-dried strawberries for the ultimate strawberry flavor. Blend it effortlessly in the blender, then fold in your favorite whipped topping. Top with fresh strawberries and have the classic strawberries and cream flavor. This strawberry protein fluff is so easy to make with simple ingredients. It’s a must-try treat!
Why You Will Love This Strawberry Protein Fluff
- Easy To Make: It is easy to make in the blender or food processor.
- Simple Ingredients: Our recipe uses simple ingredients.
- No Thickening Agents: You don’t need added xanthan gum, guar gum, or thickening agents. It is fluffy and creamy on its own.
- Delicious Flavor: It has a strawberries and cream flavor from the freeze-dried strawberries and whipped cream.
- No Ice Or Water: The flavor isn’t watered down by ice or water. Also, the texture is smooth, not grainy.
- Healthier: We lightened it up and used healthier ingredients. The cottage cheese reduces the whipped topping needed and makes it creamy.
- High-Protein: The cottage cheese and protein powder make this a high-protein fluff.
What Is Protein Fluff?
Protein fluff is a high-volume treat with a fluffy and creamy texture and is high in protein. We have put our spin on it by using healthier ingredients. It is incredibly delicious and has a fluffy texture. Many protein fluff recipes contain xanthan gum or a thickener. Not this recipe! There is no thickener used, which keeps it simple and easy! We added cottage cheese to add protein and reduce the amount of whipped topping needed. You can’t taste the cottage cheese. It just makes it creamy and fluffy. This protein fluff is made with simple ingredients that are easy to find and it has an incredible strawberry flavor!
Ingredients Needed For Protein Fluff
- Cottage Cheese: The cottage cheese makes this protein fluff healthier, adds protein, and gives it a fluffy and creamy texture.
- Protein Powder: Use your favorite vanilla protein powder.
- Vanilla Extract: Add a splash of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries: Blend freeze-dried strawberries into a powder to use for this recipe to add strawberry flavor.
- Sweetener: Use honey, maple syrup, or your sweetener of choice.
- Whipped Topping: Use your favorite non-dairy whipped topping. We like Truwhip or plant-based whipped topping.
- Fresh Strawberries: As an option, add fresh sliced strawberries to the jar for a beautiful presentation, and add some on top when ready to serve.
How To Make Protein Fluff
Step 1: Thoroughly blend freeze-dried strawberries into a fine powder. Then, transfer the powder to an airtight container. Use one tablespoon of the blended freeze-dried strawberries for this recipe.
Step 2: Add the cottage cheese, vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract, one tablespoon of the blended freeze-dried strawberry powder, and sweetener to a blender or food processor.
Step 3: Thoroughly blend the ingredients until smooth. After that, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Step 4: Next, fold in the whipped topping.
Step 5: Slice fresh strawberries lengthwise. Dice the remaining part of the strawberries to add on top.
Step 6: Add the sliced strawberries to an airtight jar. Then, fill the jar with the protein fluff.
Step 7: Next, chill it in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours. After that, top with diced strawberries, and enjoy!
Protein Fluff Topping Ideas
Enjoy this strawberry protein fluff on its own, or add some toppings. Here are some great topping ideas:
- Fresh strawberries
- Chopped fresh fruit
- Mini chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Slivered almonds
How To Serve
Add sliced strawberries to the inside of an airtight jar. Then, add the protein fluff to the jar and chill it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, top with fresh diced strawberries or your favorite toppings and enjoy. If you don’t want to assemble in a jar, transfer it to an airtight container, chill it, and enjoy! Or, make mini servings with these mini serving cups.
- Chill It Before Enjoying: After blending the ingredients and adding the whipped topping, chill the protein fluff in the refrigerator. Chill it for at least 30 minutes before enjoying it.
- Blend: Thoroughly blend the ingredients until smooth so the texture is fluffy and light.
- Use Freeze-Dried Strawberries: Blend a bag of freeze-dried strawberries and then use one tablespoon of the blended freeze-dried strawberry powder for this recipe. Or, use your favorite freeze-dried fruit for a different flavor.
- Use Your Favorite Whipped Topping: Use your favorite whipped topping we use Truwhip or a plant-based whipped topping to make it vegan.
Protein Fluff Variations
- Add Chocolate Chips: Fold in some mini chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for a chocolate strawberry flavor.
- Add More Whipped Topping: If you want to add more whipped topping, add up to the entire tub to the recipe and fold it in.
- Cottage Cheese To Use: Use fat-free, low-fat, or full-fat cottage cheese in this recipe.
- What Sweetener: Honey and maple syrup complement the flavor of the strawberries in this recipe. Use either one as the sweetener or use your sweetener of choice instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Protein Fluff Last?
It will last 2-3 days from making it when stored in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Protein Fluff?
No, you can’t freeze this protein fluff. It should be chilled, not frozen. The texture of cottage cheese changes once frozen, and it will no longer be light and fluffy.
What Protein Powder To Use?
Use your favorite vanilla-flavored protein powder in this recipe. We love Orgain. They are made with clean ingredients and are plant-based. Use code healthyfoodiegirl for 30% off Orgain products. You can omit protein powder from this recipe if you don’t have it.
What Whipped Topping To Use?
Use your favorite brand of whipped topping. We like Truwhip or a plant-based whipped topping. Another option is CocoWhip.
How Long To Chill Protein Fluff?
Chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1-3 hours.
Can I Make This Protein Fluff A Different Flavor?
Yes! You can make this protein fluff a different flavor than strawberry. Just use your favorite freeze-dried fruit. Some options are freeze-dried blueberries, raspberries, or mixed berries.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Protein Chocolate Mousse
- Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- Healthy Dole Whip
- Strawberry Crumble
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories120
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 337mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 0%
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 11.8g 22%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.