Strawberry crumble is a vibrant dessert that is bursting with fresh juicy strawberries. Also, it is topped with a perfectly crispy and golden brown oat crumble. This strawberry crumble is easy to make and is the perfect single-serving size. Grab some fresh strawberries and enjoy this mouthwatering dessert.
Why You Will Love Strawberry Crumble
- This is the perfect single-serving strawberry crumble.
- The crumble topping is buttery and crispy.
- You taste juicy and sweet strawberries in each bite.
- It is easy to make and comes together quickly.
What Is Strawberry Crumble?
Strawberry crumble is a delicious strawberry dessert consisting of chopped strawberries and a delicious crumble topping. The crumble topping is made with quick oats and flour. Once baked, the strawberries become juicy and the crumble becomes crispy. It is such a flavorful dessert and we have lightened it up!
Strawberry Crumble Ingredients
- Strawberries: We used fresh strawberries. Chop the strawberries into small pieces.
- Sweetener: Use your sweetener of choice for this recipe.
- Cornstarch: Mix the chopped strawberries with the cornstarch.
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice brightens the flavor.
- Vanilla: Add a splash of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Oats: It is best to use quick oats because they are the perfect size for the crumble.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour for the crumble.
- Cinnamon: Add a pinch of cinnamon for flavor.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors.
- Butter: We used light butter in this recipe. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix the crumble with your hands or a fork.
Ingredient Notes And Substitutions
- Sweetener: You can use your sweetener of choice when making this strawberry crumble. If you are going to use sugar, brown sugar is a great option. Also, honey or maple syrup would work well. Or, use a sugar-free sweetener of choice.
- Oats: It is best to use quick oats for the crumble topping because they are smaller than rolled oats which means they will cook faster. Also, quick oats are the perfect size for this crumble. If you don’t have quick oats, lightly pulse rolled oats in a food processor. Just make sure not to turn the rolled oats into oat flour.
- Butter: We used light butter in this recipe. You can use regular butter instead. Cut the butter into small pieces so the crumble comes together easily.
How To Make Strawberry Crumble
First, cut the strawberries into small pieces. Then, mix the strawberries, sweetener, cornstarch, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
Next, cut the butter into small pieces. After that, add the quick oats, all-purpose flour, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and butter to a bowl.
Then, use your hands or a fork to combine these ingredients.
After that, pour the strawberry mixture into an oven-safe ramekin.
Next, add the crumble on top. Then, bake the strawberry crumble, let the ramekin cool, and enjoy it warm!
How To Serve
Serve this strawberry crumble warm after it is done baking. Let the ramekin cool before enjoying. You can enjoy this strawberry crumble as is or with some vanilla ice cream or your favorite whipped cream.
Tips For Making Strawberry Crumble
- Cut The Strawberries: It is best to cut the strawberries into evenly sized small pieces. This will ensure that you don’t have large chunks of strawberries in each bite.
- Small Pieces Of Butter: Cut the butter into small pieces so that it is easy to mix the crumble. The small pieces will ensure the crumble topping comes together.
- Combine The Crumble: Make sure to thoroughly combine the ingredients for the crumble. It is important to incorporate the butter so that everything comes together.
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is an excellent addition to this strawberry crumble. The lemon adds a fresh citrusy note and brightens the flavor. Also, lemon complements the flavors of the strawberries.
- Let It Cool: It is important to let the strawberry crumble cool before enjoying it. The ramekin will be hot when removed from the oven. Let the crumble slightly cool but enjoy it warm.
Strawberry Crumble Variations
- Make More: This recipe makes a single serving of strawberry crumble. If you would like, you can make more. If you do this, either use a few oven-safe ramekins or a small oven-safe baking dish.
- Change The Fruit: This dessert is delicious with the flavors of fresh, juicy strawberries. If you don’t want to use strawberries, try our blueberry crisp!
- Toppings: This strawberry dessert is delicious on its own or with some extra toppings. Vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream are some of our favorite toppings!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Strawberry Crumble Last?
This strawberry crumble is the perfect single-serving dessert that is easy to make when the craving hits. This strawberry crumble is best enjoyed warm after making it. We do not recommend storing it.
Is Strawberry Crumble Healthy?
Yes, this strawberry crumble is healthy. It is made with real fruit and a small amount of your sweetener of choice. Also, the crumble topping is made with oats and a small amount of light butter. This is such a delicious and indulgent dessert that is lightened up!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries to make strawberry crumble. If you use frozen strawberries, don’t defrost them. Just mix them with your sweetener of choice, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Then, add the crumble topping and bake.
Is Strawberry Crumble Gluten-Free?
You can make this strawberry crumble gluten-free. Just make sure to use gluten-free oats, 100% gluten-free cornstarch, and omit the flour.
How Much Strawberry Crumble Does This Make?
This recipe makes a single serving of strawberry crumble that is ideal for one or two to enjoy. We love single-serving desserts because it yields the perfect amount without having leftovers. Also, this strawberry crumble is best enjoyed fresh after making and is not recommended for storing. If you would like to make more, you can always double or triple this recipe. Just use multiple oven-safe ramekins or an oven-safe baking dish.
What Is Crumble Topping Made Of?
This crumble topping is made of some light butter, your sweetener of choice, quick oats, and flour. Most crumble toppings are made with flour, sugar, and butter, while some also contain oats. Once baked, the crumble becomes crispy.
How Long To Bake Strawberry Crumble?
This strawberry crumble will take 24-26 minutes to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The strawberries will become juicy and the crumble will become golden brown and crispy.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Healthy Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Air Fryer Peaches With Cinnamon
- Individual Strawberry Tiramisu
- Strawberry Watermelon Granita
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this strawberry crumble!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories175
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 10%
- Cholesterol 10mg 4%
- Sodium 217mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 7.4g
- Protein 3.9g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.