Indulge in this delicious and easy air fryer apple crisp! Juicy apples are infused with warm spices, sugar, and a touch of vanilla. Then, they are topped with a crunchy oat crumble. The air fryer works its magic to create a crispy golden-brown topping while maintaining the tender texture of the apples. This recipe captures the comforting classic flavors of a traditional apple crisp while simplifying the process. Grab a spoon and savor every delightful bite of this flavorful treat!
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- This individual apple crisp is made in the air fryer.
- It cooks quickly in the air fryer.
- There is no need to turn your oven on!
- It is such a delicious dessert that is easy to make.
- The air fryer makes the oat topping crispy.
- It is the perfect recipe for when you have 1-2 apples.
For The Apples
- Apples: You will need 1-2 Granny Smith apples, depending on the size of the apples. Peel and chop the apples into small pieces.
- Vanilla: Add a splash of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Lemon Juice: Brightens the flavor of this apple crisp.
- Sweetener: Use your sweetener of choice, such as sugar, brown sugar, or a 1:1 sugar substitute.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon adds flavor.
- Nutmeg: A pinch of nutmeg for added flavor.
- Salt: A pinch of salt to enhance the flavors.
For The Oat Topping
- Quick Oats: Quick oats are the base of the oat topping. They are the perfect size.
- Sweetener: Sweeten the oat topping with your sweetener of choice.
- Cinnamon: Add ground cinnamon to the topping for flavor.
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavor.
- Light Butter: Helps combine the oat topping and makes it crispy.
The Best Apples To Use
We used Granny Smith apples because of their tart flavor. Granny Smith apples are great for apple crisps. If you don’t have Granny Smith apples, pink lady, honey crisp, or fuji apples will work. These apples have a sweeter flavor than Granny Smith apples.
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Crisp
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 375° F (190° C).
Step 2: Peel and core the apples. Then, chop them into even-sized small pieces.
Step 3: Add the chopped apples, vanilla extract, lemon juice, sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a large bowl. Next, thoroughly mix to coat the apples.
Step 4: Lightly spray a heat-safe ramekin with oil. After that, pour the apple mixture into the ramekin. Then, place the ramekin in the air fryer basket. Air fry the apples for 12-14 minutes and mix halfway through.
Step 5: While the apples cook, combine the quick oats, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and light butter in a bowl.
Step 6: Pour the oat topping over the ramekin with the cooked apples. Then, air fry for another 5-7 minutes or until the topping is crispy.
Step 7: Carefully remove the ramekin from the air fryer. Wear oven mitts because the ramekin will be very hot.
How Long To Cook Apple Crisp In Air Fryer
You can easily and quickly cook apple crisp in the air fryer. Add the heat-safe ramekin with the chopped apples mixture to the air fryer and air fry at 375° F (190°C) for 12-14 minutes. Then, add the oat topping and air fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Peel The Apples: For the best flavor, peel the apples before making this apple crisp.
- Small Pieces: Chop the apple into small pieces so it cooks quickly.
- Even Pieces: Cut the apple into even pieces. It helps ensure the apples cook at the same rate in the air fryer.
- Use Quick Oats: We love using quick oats for the topping because they have a finer consistency than rolled oats and cook faster in the air fryer.
- Preheat Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer while you mix the apples and the oat topping so it is ready.
- Use A Heat-Safe Ramekin: Make sure to use an oven-safe, heat-safe ramekin in the air fryer.
- Mix Halfway: Mix the apples with a fork or spoon halfway through cooking them.
- Carefully Remove The Ramekin: Be careful removing the ramekin from the air fryer, as it will be hot. Wear oven mitts and carefully remove the ramekin.
How To Serve Air Fryer Apple Crisp
Serve this air fryer apple crisp warm after making it. It is the perfect single-serving size for one or two. Enjoy it on its own or with your favorite vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, or whipped cream topping!
- Oats: We used quick oats because they are the perfect size for the oat topping. They are smaller than rolled oats and are the ideal size. Also, they allow the oat crumble topping to cook quickly in the air fryer. If you don’t have quick oats, you can use rolled oats. The topping may take longer to cook. It may need 1-2 minutes longer, so keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- How Many Apples To Use: This apple crisp makes the perfect amount for a single serving. You will need 1 cup of diced apples, from about 1-2 apples, depending on the size of the apples.
- Make More Servings: Double or triple this recipe to make more servings. You can distribute the apples and oat topping to separate individual heat-safe ramekins. Or, make a large apple crisp in a large heat-safe ramekin or baking dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Apple Crisp In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make apple crisp in an air fryer. There is no oven required! This apple crisp cooks quickly in the air fryer and it is easy to make.
Is This Air Fryer Apple Crisp Gluten-Free?
Yes, this apple crisp is naturally gluten-free. The topping consists of quick oats. There is no flour in this recipe. Just make sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
What Size Ramekin To Use?
Cook this individual air fryer apple crisp in a small oven-safe ramekin. Use a ramekin that holds 6-8 ounces and fits in your air fryer basket.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Air Fryer Apples
- Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe
- Air Fryer Peaches
- Healthy Apple Pie Filling
- Apple Tart With Phyllo Dough
- Blueberry Crisp Recipe
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this air fryer apple crisp!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories148
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 10%
- Cholesterol 10mg 4%
- Sodium 300mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 12%
- Sugars 11.4g
- Protein 2.4g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.