You have to try this single-serving healthy blueberry crisp recipe. We are obsessed with this dessert with warm bursting blueberries in every bite topped with a crispy buttery oat topping. This is not to be missed. We can’t wait for you to dig in!
Ella and I just got back from picking fresh blueberries and I was inspired to make this blueberry crisp. I love fruit crisps so much but honestly, I don’t need 6-8 servings of it to tempt me to eat more of this amazing dessert. That’s when I thought I needed to make this a single-serving portion-controlled blueberry crisp!
It is indulgent, fresh, and easy to make any time the craving hits. This is the perfect solution! You can make one or two at a time or however many you need to enjoy without the leftovers haunting you to come back for more because I promise you that you will want more!
Why You Will Love Blueberry Crisp
- This blueberry crisp is the perfect size for one or two to enjoy.
- You can make this recipe with fresh or frozen blueberries.
- It is easy to make this recipe whenever the craving hits.
- The oat topping is delicious, buttery, and crispy.
What Is A Blueberry Crisp?
A blueberry crisp is a delicious dessert made with fresh or frozen blueberries and a buttery oat topping. The oats get crispy while baking, which gives this blueberry crisp its name! We have made a single-serving blueberry crisp recipe that you can easily make whenever the craving hits.
What Is The Difference Between a Crisp and Crumble?
This is a delicious blueberry crisp recipe. It is a blueberry crisp since it has a topping that is made with oats. Usually, crisps are made with oats and crumbles are made with flour and no oats.
Is Blueberry Crisp Healthy?
This blueberry crisp is healthy and lightened up. It consists of fresh blueberries and a topping made with quick oats. Also, you only need a small amount of sweetener and light butter for this recipe.
Blueberry Crisp Ingredients
- Blueberries: Blueberries are essential for this blueberry crisp.
- Sweetener: Use your sweetener of choice or a 1:1 sugar-free sweetener in this recipe.
- Cornstarch: Mix the cornstarch with the blueberries.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice adds flavor.
- Vanilla: Just a splash of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Salt: Just a pinch.
- Quick Oats: Use quick oats for the oat topping.
- Flour: You will need a small amount of flour for the oat topping.
- Cinnamon: Just a pinch to add flavor to the oat topping.
- Butter: Use light melted butter in this recipe.
What Oats To Use?
The oat topping for this blueberry crisp is made with quick oats. We used quick oats since they are smaller than rolled oats and because they will cook faster for this individual blueberry crisp. Also, the crisp is not in the oven as long as a larger crisp would be so the quick oats have time to bake perfectly.
What If I Don’t Have Quick Oats?
We recommend using quick oats in this recipe because it gives you the perfect crispy oat topping. If you don’t have quick oats you can quickly pulse rolled oats in a food processor so they are slightly finer. If you do this, make sure not to turn the oats into oat flour.
Why Add Lemon Juice?
A splash of lemon juice adds another dimension of flavor to this blueberry crisp.
What Butter To Use?
You will need one tablespoon of butter for this recipe. We used Land O Lakes Light Butter.
How To Make Blueberry Crisp
First, add the blueberries, sweetener, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to a bowl. Then, mix these ingredients.
After that, pour the blueberry mixture into an oven-safe baking dish.
Next, combine the quick oats, flour, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and light butter.
Then, add the oat mixture on top of the blueberries.
After that, bake the blueberry crisp and enjoy!
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
For this blueberry crisp recipe, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries. We have tried this recipe both ways and each was delicious!
How To Serve Blueberry Crisp
Once baked, let the baking dish cool and enjoy this delicious blueberry crisp warm. For an extra treat, we like to enjoy this blueberry crisp with some vanilla ice cream.
How Long Does Blueberry Crisp Last?
This blueberry crisp is a single-serve recipe that is best enjoyed after making it.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe
- Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Baked Oats Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Blueberries
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories443
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 22.2g 111%
- Cholesterol 95mg 32%
- Sodium 636mg 27%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 20%
- Sugars 19.2g
- Protein 1.7g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.