Air fryer apples are bursting with juicy sweet apple flavor and lightly dusted with cinnamon, sugar, and a hint of vanilla. Think warm apple pie without all the fat. These air fryer cinnamon apples are such an easy snack or dessert. They are the perfect quick treat when you want something sweet with minimal effort! Eat them as they are or top them with your favorite ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, or whipped cream. I am sure these air fryer apples will be a hit in your house!
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Apples
- They are easy to make and you only need one apple.
- They have the warm flavors of apple pie filling.
- Cinnamon and sugar add flavor and sweeten the apples.
- They are made with four simple ingredients!
- It is such a delicious dessert that is lightened up.
- Air fryer apples are gluten-free and vegan!
What Are Air Fryer Apples?
Air fryer apples are a delicious and effortless treat! Apple slices are dusted with cinnamon and sugar and then air-fried. Once done, they taste just like apple pie filling while being lightened up! Also, they are easy to make and cook quickly in the air fryer.
Taste And Texture
Air fryer apples are slightly crispy while being soft and juicy. They are warm, delicious, and taste like classic apple pie filling. They are a healthier option and are easy to make in the air fryer.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Apples
- Apples: Peel and slice a large apple for this recipe. We used a pink lady apple because they have a wonderful sweet flavor.
- Vanilla: Add a splash of vanilla extract to the apples so the cinnamon and sugar stick to them.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon adds flavor to the apples.
- Sugar: Use sugar or a 1:1 sugar-free sweetener such as Swerve.
The Best Apples To Use
Air fryer apples turn out best when made with sweet apples. Here are some types of apples that will work great in this recipe:
- Pink Lady
- Granny Smith – Will have more of a tart flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Apples
First, peel and core the apple. Then, cut the apple into even-sized slices.
Next, add the sliced apple to a bowl. After that, pour the vanilla extract over the apple slices and mix.
Then, add the cinnamon and sugar to the bowl with the apples and thoroughly mix.
From there, place the apples in the air fryer basket and air fry them.
Once done, carefully remove the apples from the air fryer, add them to a bowl, and enjoy!
What To Do With Air Fryer Apples
- Enjoy Them On Their Own: Enjoy them warm after they have been air-fried. Serve them in a bowl and enjoy!
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Enjoy them with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
- Whipped Cream: Add some of your favorite whipped cream on top of the air-fried apples.
- Yogurt: Add the air-fried apples to your favorite yogurt.
- Cottage Cheese: Enjoy these air fryer apples over cottage cheese.
- Oatmeal: Add them to a bowl of oatmeal.
How Long Cook Apples In The Air Fryer
Air fry the apples at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-8 minutes, depending on your air fryer. Halfway through, shake the basket to move the apples around so they cook evenly. Also, there is no need to preheat your air fryer beforehand.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Cinnamon Apples
- Don’t Overcrowd The Basket: Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket when making this recipe. You may need to air fry the apples in batches, depending on how many apples you use and the size of your air fryer basket.
- Evenly Slice The Apples: Make sure to evenly slice the apples so they cook at the same rate in the air fryer. Cut the apples into 1/4-inch slices.
- Shake Halfway: Shake the air fryer basket to move the apples around at the halfway point when they are cooking.
- Don’t Spray The Basket: There is no need to spray the air fryer basket with oil. Just add the coated apple slices, air fry them, and enjoy!
- Use Vanilla Extract: Make sure to mix the apples with vanilla extract so the cinnamon and sugar stick to them. The vanilla extract adds flavor and is used instead of oil. There is no oil in this recipe!
- Check The Apples: Check on the apples when they are air frying, especially close to the end to see if they are done and to make sure they don’t burn.
- How To Sweeten The Apples: Sweeten these air fryer apples with a granulated sweetener, such as sugar, or a 1:1 sugar replacement such as Swerve or monk fruit. We do not recommend substituting the sugar for maple syrup or honey, as they are very sticky. If you want to use maple syrup or honey, you can drizzle them over top of the apples when they are done.
Air Fryer Apples Recipe Variations
- Make Them Sugar-Free: To make this recipe with no added sugar, use a sugar replacement such as Swerve or your favorite 1:1 sugar replacement.
- Use More Apples: We used one large apple in this recipe, but you can easily make more air fryer apples. Just double, triple, or quadruple this recipe and air fry the apples in batches.
- Add Different Spices: We love the classic cinnamon sugar flavor in this recipe. For another flavor combination, replace the cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice. You could even add a small pinch of nutmeg or ground ginger with the cinnamon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Air Fryer Apples Healthy?
Air fryer apples are healthy! They are made with apples, a splash of vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a little bit of sugar. They are gluten-free and you can make them sugar-free by using a 1:1 sugar replacement. Also, there is no oil or butter in this recipe!
Are Air Fryer Apples Gluten-Free?
Yes, they are naturally gluten-free.
Do I Need To Spray The Apples With Oil?
There is no need to spray the air fryer basket or the apples with oil before air frying them. Just add them to the air fryer basket, air fry, and enjoy!
Are Air Fryer Cinnamon Apples Vegan?
These air fryer cinnamon apples are naturally vegan. Just make sure the sugar you use is vegan.
Can I Make Air Fryer Apples Ahead Of Time?
No, do not make these air-fried apples ahead of time. They are best enjoyed warm after air frying them.
Do I Have To Peel The Apples?
It is best to peel the apple you will be using for this recipe.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Air Fryer Peaches With Cinnamon
- Air Fryer Pineapple
- Healthy Apple Pie Filling
- Banana Apple Muffins
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy these air fryer apples!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories120
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 2mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.7g 20%
- Sugars 23.3g
- Protein 0.6g 0%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.