Nothing says fall more than a pumpkin spice latte! I love pumpkin spice lattes but not all of the sugar and fat. We put a spin on the classic Starbucks drink and made the ultimate homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe. I love this healthier version and I hope you do too! It’s great for your morning coffee, an afternoon snack, or even a dessert.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients
- Espresso: One to two shots of espresso work great in this recipe and don’t dilute the pumpkin flavor. If you use coffee, use four ounces so you can taste the pumpkin flavor.
- Milk Of Choice: Use your milk of choice in this recipe. We used unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Pumpkin Puree: Adds pumpkin flavor to this pumpkin spice latte.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: To add pumpkin spice to the latte.
- Cinnamon: To add flavor to the pumpkin spice latte.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds flavor to the latte.
- Sweetener: Use your sweetener of choice in this recipe.
- Salt: Just a pinch in this recipe.
Use Espresso Or Coffee In The Recipe
I really like using expresso for this pumpkin spice latte as it does not dilute the pumpkin spice mixture. Coffee will also work just use 4 ounces of it so you get that delicious pumpkin spice flavor. Also, cold brew will work and is an excellent choice if making this pumpkin spice latte on ice.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Replacement
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can make your own! To make your own, combine 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon of ginger, and a pinch of cloves.
How To Make A Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
First, brew the espresso or coffee. Then, add the unsweetened almond milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice, and a pinch of salt to a saucepan.
Next, whisk all of the ingredients together. After that, heat the ingredients in the saucepan on the stove.
Once heated, pour the ingredients in the saucepan over your espresso or coffee in a mug and enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Toppings
We love to top this homemade pumpkin spice latte with whipped cream. It makes it the perfect decadent treat. Feel free to use your favorite whipped cream in this recipe or omit it altogether. We love dairy-free coconut whipped cream.
How To Make A Cold Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you want to make your pumpkin spice latte cold, whisk your ingredients together. In this case, there is no need to heat the whisked ingredients. Also, there is no need to pour the ingredients over ice. Better yet, take your almond milk or milk of choice, freeze it in ice cube trays, and use it as the ice with your pumpkin spice latte mixture!
Make A High-Protein Pumpkin Spice Latte
Want to make this pumpkin spice latte high in protein? Just omit the monk fruit sweetener and add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the mix. This will make it a high-protein pumpkin spice latte! We love to use Orgain vanilla protein powder. You can get 30% off Orgain products with our code HEALTHYFOODIEGIRL.
How To Make A Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
You can make this homemade pumpkin spice latte sugar-free! To make it sugar-free, use monk fruit as the sweetener. This pumpkin spice latte can be made with no sugar added while the Starbucks version has 50 grams of sugar!
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
You can make this pumpkin spice latte dairy-free! We used unsweetened vanilla almond milk in this recipe.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Mocha Frappuccino Starbucks Copycat
- Healthy Hot Chocolate That You Will Love
- The Best Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffin
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
- Check out our Starbucks Copycat Lightened Up Holiday Drinks E-book!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories61
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 1%
- Sodium 346mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 12%
- Sugars 2.6g
- Protein 1.7g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.