This cozy and comforting chai latte effortlessly comes together with vanilla almond milk and the robust flavors of chai tea bags. Add a touch of maple syrup and dust with cinnamon. Using tea bags keeps it easy and allows this latte to come together quickly. Serve this delicious chai tea latte warm or cold, and enjoy the incredible flavors.
Why You Will Love This Chai Tea Latte
- This chai latte is super easy to make with black chai tea bags.
- You can make this latte quickly and easily.
- The cinnamon and vanilla add flavor.
- The flavors in this latte are balanced.
- You can use your milk of choice and sweetener of choice.
- It is cozy, warm, and delicious.
- This chai tea latte can also be served cold.
What Is A Chai Latte?
A chai latte is a popular beverage that combines traditional chai tea with steamed milk. Chai tea is a spiced tea that originated in India. It typically consists of a blend of black tea, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and other spices. It is often served hot but can also be enjoyed iced. We kept it simple and easy by using black chai tea bags for this recipe. The tea bags are steeped in hot almond milk to infuse the chai flavor. Then, we added cinnamon, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
Ingredients Needed For A Chai Latte
- Milk: Use your milk of choice. We used unsweetened vanilla almond milk. For a thicker latte, you can use regular milk instead. Refrigerated almond milk and oat milk have a thicker consistency.
- Black Tea: Use two Tazo black chai tea bags.
- Cinnamon: Add ground cinnamon for flavor.
- Vanilla Extract: A splash of vanilla extract adds flavor.
- Maple Syrup: Sweeten this latte with maple syrup or your sweetener of choice.
How To Make A Chai Latte
Step 1: Add the unsweetened vanilla almond milk to a saucepan. Then, heat it over medium heat on the stove. Once lightly simmering, remove the saucepan from the heat.
Step 2: Remove the paper from the end of the tea bag strings so they don’t get in the milk. After that, add the black chai tea bags to the heated almond milk. Steep the tea for 5-7 minutes.
Step 3: Remove the tea bags from the saucepan. Next, add the ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the saucepan.
Step 4: Thoroughly whisk the ingredients. Then, heat the latte over low heat on the stove until warm, and whisk so it doesn’t burn.
Step 5: Pour the chai tea latte into a heat-safe mug or cup and enjoy!
How To Serve
Once heated, pour this chai latte into a heat-safe mug or cup. Then, as an option, top with frothy milk. You can also place star anise on top and dust with cinnamon for a beautiful presentation. Enjoy this chai latte warm after making it.
- Steep The Tea: Add the tea bags to the saucepan after heating the milk. Let the tea steep in the saucepan for at least 5 minutes to infuse its flavor.
- Use Tea Bags: We used two Tazo black chai tea bags to keep this recipe simple. It makes it super easy because you don’t have to make chai from scratch and you only need a few ingredients.
- Sweeten To Taste: We used two teaspoons of maple syrup to sweeten this latte. You may use any sweetener of your choice to sweeten this chai tea latte. To make it sweeter, add more sweetener to taste.
- Don’t Burn The Milk: Whisk when warming the milk and heating the latte so it doesn’t burn.
Chai Latte Variations
- Make It Iced: You can make this chai tea latte iced instead! Still heat the milk and steep the tea bags to infuse the flavor. Also, thoroughly whisk all the ingredients. However, after that, do not continue to heat the latte. Instead, add ice to a glass and serve it cold.
- Make It Stronger: Add another tea bag to make this latte stronger.
- Add Espresso: To turn this into a dirty chai latte, add one shot of espresso.
- Sweetener Options: We used maple syrup because it complements the flavors of this latte. Some other options are honey, sugar-free maple syrup, or your favorite sweetener.
- Sugar-Free Version: You can make this chai latte sugar-free. To do this, use a 1:1 sugar-free sweetener.
- What Milk To Use: Use your favorite milk as the base of your latte. We like the flavor of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Some other options are cashew milk, oat milk, low-fat milk, or whole milk.
- Make Frothy Milk: To achieve frothy milk, use a milk frother or an electric stick blender. Also, use creamier and thicker milk such as whole milk, 2% milk, refrigerated oat milk, or refrigerated almond milk. Refrigerated non-dairy milk tends to be thicker than shelf-stable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Chai Tea Lattes High In Caffeine?
This chai tea latte contains caffeine from the black tea. However, it does not contain as much caffeine as coffee. Generally, a chai latte contains about half the caffeine as a cup of coffee.
Is This Chai Latte Healthy?
Yes, this chai latte is a lighter version made with simple ingredients. You can use your sweetener and milk of choice. We used unsweetened almond milk and only two teaspoons of maple syrup.
Can A Chai Latte Be Made With Almond Milk?
Absolutely! You can make a chai tea latte with any milk you prefer. We made it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
Is This Chai Latte Sweet?
The great thing about this recipe is that you can control the amount of sweetener you add to make this chai latte the ideal sweetness for you. This latte is mildly sweet, and we only used two teaspoons of sweetener. If you prefer a sweeter latte, add more sweetener to taste.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Healthy Hot Chocolate
- Fruit Infused Water
- Easy Skinny Margarita
- Kombucha Mocktails
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories87
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 360mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 8%
- Sugars 2.3g
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.