This pumpkin spice muffin celebrates the flavors of autumn in every incredible bite. The pumpkin puree and a blend of pumpkin pie spice make these healthy pumpkin muffins moist and perfectly balanced. These pumpkin muffins have a rich golden orange color with a tender crumb. They are super easy to make and are great for meal prep. These pumpkin muffins are sure to become a favorite that you will enjoy year after year.
Why You Will Love Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- These muffins have the delicious flavors of fall!
- The pumpkin flavor and autumn spices come through.
- You can meal prep these muffins to enjoy all season long!
- They are easy to make and are perfect for fall baking.
- These pumpkin muffins are made with simple, healthy ingredients.
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Ingredients
- Flour: These muffins are made with all-purpose flour.
- Baking Soda: Helps the muffins rise in the oven.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Helps give these muffins a pumpkin spice flavor.
- Sweetener: Use brown sugar or a 1:1 sugar replacement.
- Eggs: You will need two eggs for this muffin recipe.
- Vanilla: A splash of vanilla extract to add flavor.
- Applesauce: Unsweetened applesauce helps these muffins come together.
- Pumpkin Puree: Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. The pumpkin puree gives these muffins a pumpkin flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Muffins
First, add the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar or Swerve brown sugar to a large bowl. After that, mix these ingredients.
Next, add the whisked eggs, vanilla extract, unsweetened applesauce, and pumpkin puree to the bowl. After that, thoroughly combine the batter, but don’t overmix. Then, lightly spray a nonstick muffin pan with oil or use muffin liners. From there, pour the muffin batter into the muffin pan.
After that, bake the muffins and enjoy!
How To Store Pumpkin Spice Muffins
You can store these muffins on the counter, in the refrigerator, and in the freezer. You can store these pumpkin muffins on the counter at room temperature for 1-2 days if they are placed in a sealed airtight container. Or, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Also, you can freeze these muffins in freezer-safe containers such as stasher bags for 2-3 months.
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Variations
- Fold In Chocolate Chips: If you want chocolate flavor in these pumpkin muffins, fold some mini chocolate chips into the batter before baking the muffins. We like using mini chocolate chops to disperse chocolate flavor evenly. You can even roughly chop regular-sized chocolate chips and fold them in. Also, you can use sugar-free chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips.
- Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice: If you don’t have any pumpkin pie spice on hand you can make your own! Simply combine 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.
- What Sweetener To Use: You can sweeten these muffins with brown sugar or a 1:1 sugar replacement such as Swerve brown sugar or brown monk fruit.
- Make More Muffins: This recipe makes about 12 muffins. If you need more, you can double this recipe to make another batch of pumpkin muffins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Pumpkin Muffins Healthy?
These pumpkin muffins are healthy. They are made with healthy ingredients such as unsweetened applesauce, pumpkin puree, flour, eggs, and spices. Also, there is no butter or oil in this muffin recipe! These muffins are made with simple ingredients and are lightened up!
How Long Will Pumpkin Spice Muffins Last In The Fridge?
These muffins are perfect for meal prep! You can make them ahead of time and leave them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. They are the perfect breakfast or snack to enjoy throughout the week!
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Spice Muffins?
Yes, you can freeze these pumpkin muffins. They will last 2-3 months in the freezer in a freezer-safe container. We love storing these pumpkin muffins in stasher bags. When you are ready to enjoy the muffins again you can warm them up in the oven.
Other Muffins To Try Next!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Banana Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins With Yogurt
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Banana Apple Muffins
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy these pumpkin spice muffins!
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories93
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 0%
- Cholesterol 27mg 9%
- Sodium 171mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 4%
- Sugars 1.9g
- Protein 3.2g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.