We have put our own twist on buffalo cauliflower salad. If you love buffalo chicken salad, you are sure to love this crunchy salad! It is packed with the delicious flavors of ranch and hot sauce and is made with cauliflower. Also, this salad is easy to mix together and can be stored in the refrigerator for meal prep. It’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, and everything in between.
What Is Buffalo Cauliflower Salad?
This buffalo cauliflower salad is similar to buffalo chicken salad but is made with cauliflower instead. It has all of the amazing flavors of buffalo ranch. The creamy and flavorful sauce is mixed with chopped cooked cauliflower, diced red onion, and chopped celery.
Why You Will Love Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- It is such a delicious way to enjoy cauliflower!
- This salad comes together quickly.
- It is lightened up and packed with the flavors of buffalo ranch.
Is Cauliflower Salad Healthy?
Yes, this buffalo cauliflower salad is healthy. Cauliflower is fat-free and high in fiber and we used 0-fat greek yogurt as the base of the sauce. The sauce is lightened up and we added flavor with some light mayonnaise, ranch powder, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
Buffalo Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
- Cauliflower: Chop the cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Red Onion: Dice the red onion.
- Celery: Chopped celery adds a great crunch to the salad.
- Greek Yogurt: 0-fat greek yogurt is the base of the sauce.
- Mayonnaise: A little bit of light mayonnaise adds flavor.
- Ranch: Use ranch powder for flavor.
- Hot Sauce: We used Frank’s hot sauce in this recipe.
- Garlic: Garlic powder adds flavor to the sauce.
- Milk: A little bit of milk helps thin out the greek yogurt in the sauce.
What Onion To Use?
We used red onion in this recipe. A green onion or sweet onion will also work.
What Hot Sauce To Use?
How Much Hot Sauce To Add?
We used 2 tablespoons of hot sauce in this recipe for a kick of heat. You can use more or less hot sauce depending on your heat preference.
How To Make Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
First, cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Then, boil the cauliflower. Once boiled, make sure to check the cauliflower so it doesn’t overcook and become mushy.
Next, blanch the cauliflower in cold water with ice cubes or you can run cold water over it once it is done boiling to stop it from cooking.
Next, combine the 0-fat greek yogurt, light mayonnaise, ranch powder, hot sauce, garlic powder, and milk in a large bowl.
After that, add the cauliflower, diced red onion, and chopped celery to the large bowl.
Then, mix everything together and enjoy!
How Long Does Cauliflower Salad Last?
This cauliflower salad is best enjoyed within 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips For Making Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
Cut The Cauliflower
It is important to evenly cut the cauliflower so it cooks at the same rate. Also, make sure to cut the cauliflower into small pieces that are bite-sized so the salad is easy to eat.
How Long To Boil Cauliflower
You will need to boil the cauliflower for this recipe. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and then boil it for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to check the cauliflower so it doesn’t overcook and become mushy. Next, blanch it in cold water with ice cubes or you can run cold water over it once it is done boiling so it stops cooking. Then, the cauliflower is ready to be added to the salad.
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower?
No, we do not recommend using frozen cauliflower in this recipe. This salad is meant to be made with a fresh head of cauliflower. Frozen cauliflower often gets mushy.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Dip With Greek Yogurt
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories89
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 0%
- Cholesterol 3mg 1%
- Sodium 810mg 34%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.7g 20%
- Sugars 6.1g
- Protein 7.5g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.