This carrot apple salad is fresh, easy to make, and such a delicious way to enjoy carrots. This salad is tossed in a honey lemon dressing and packed with shredded carrots, chopped apples, green onions, and cilantro. The crunch of the apples in this salad is perfect with the shredded carrots. This salad is sweet, tangy, and perfectly balanced.
What Is Carrot Apple Salad?
Carrot apple salad is a delicious fresh salad consisting of shredded carrots, chopped apples, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, and a light honey lemon dressing.
Carrot Apple Salad Ingredients
- Carrots: Peel and shred the carrots for this salad.
- Green Onions: Slice the green onions.
- Cilantro: You can use fresh chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley.
- Apples: Chop two medium apples.
- Olive Oil: This is the base of the dressing.
- Lemon Juice: Adds flavor and acidity to the dressing.
- Honey: Sweetens the dressing.
- Mustard: Stone-ground mustard adds flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: To enhance the flavor of the dressing.
What Apples To Use?
We used pink lady apples in this recipe because they have an amazing sweet yet tart flavor. Some other apples that work well are Honeycrisp, fuji, and gala.
Shred The Carrots
Peel all of the carrots and then use a box grater or food processor to shred them.
What Mustard To Use?
Our favorite mustard is this stone-ground mustard because we love the flavors in it. Or, you can use dijon mustard in this recipe.
Make Carrot Salad Vegan
To make this carrot salad vegan, substitute the honey for maple syrup.
Carrot Salad Dressing
The dressing for this carrot apple salad is made with olive oil, lemon juice, honey, stone-ground mustard, salt, and pepper. It is easy to make with simple ingredients and is packed with flavor. We put our spin on the dressing by keeping it light and fresh instead of making the traditional mayonnaise dressing.
Carrot Apple Salad Variations
This carrot salad is delicious as is or with some extra ingredients. You can add 1/4 cup of raisins or cranberries. We like to finely chop the raisins or cranberries before adding them in so the flavor is evenly dispersed throughout the salad. Also, 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds, walnuts, or almonds is a great addition.
How To Make Carrot Apple Salad
First, peel and shred the carrots. Then, slice the green onions, chop the cilantro, and chop the apples.
After that, add the carrots, green onions, cilantro, and apples to a large bowl.
Next, thoroughly combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, stone-ground mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Then, pour the dressing over the salad, toss the salad with the dressing, and enjoy!
How To Serve Carrot Salad
To serve this apple carrot salad, toss it in a bowl with the dressing. Then, serve it on plates and enjoy. You can mix in additional ingredients such as raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, or nuts.
Make Ahead Carrot Apple Salad
You can make this carrot salad ahead of time, but add the dressing and seeds or nuts when you are ready to serve it. This will prevent the salad from getting soggy.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad With Pecans
- Apple Cabbage Salad With Maple Vinaigrette
- Broccoli Salad With Cranberries
- Easy and Healthy Carrot Cake
- Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories154
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 4%
- Sodium 305mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.7g 23%
- Sugars 18.2g
- Protein 1.6g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.