I love this warm and delicious Caprese salad recipe with balsamic vinegar! I have maximized the flavors of this salad by roasting the tomatoes. This elevates the dish and adds so much flavor. I’m obsessed with making it this way! Additionally, this salad is the perfect appetizer, snack, or side dish for any meal. What’s not to love about roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, garlic, and basil? This Caprese salad is great on its own. Also, it’s perfect on a piece of crusty and crunchy baguette or even added to a tossed salad.
What Is Caprese Salad?
Caprese salad is an Italian dish made of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper. We have added our own twist to this recipe by roasting the tomatoes for maximum flavor. Also, we drizzled some balsamic vinegar on top!
What Is Fresh Mozzarella Cheese?
Fresh mozzarella cheese is packed in water and has a softer and creamier texture than regular mozzarella cheese. Regular mozzarella is low in moisture and has a harder consistency. Make sure to use fresh mozzarella in this recipe.
Ingredients For Caprese Salad Recipe
This Caprese salad recipe is made with fresh and simple ingredients to produce maximum flavor.
- Small Tomatoes. We used grape tomatoes in this recipe and sliced them in half. Also, we elevated this Caprese salad by roasting the tomatoes in the oven.
- Fresh Mozzarella Balls. We used fresh and creamy mozzarella in this recipe and added it to the bowl with the remaining seasoning.
- Olive Oil. Olive oil is part of the seasoning for this recipe. Also, feel free to use regular extra virgin olive oil or even try a flavored olive oil. We have enjoyed this recipe with basil infused olive oil!
- Cracked Pepper, Salt, and Crushed Garlic. These ingredients are used to season the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Fresh Basil. We chopped the fresh basil in this recipe to disperse it evenly in the salad.
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar. Drizzling it on top of the Caprese salad brings this dish to another level!
How To Make Caprese Salad With Balsamic Vinegar
This Caprese salad recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor! First, slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise. Then, chop each ball of fresh mozzarella into quarters.
After that, combine the olive oil, pepper, salt, crushed garlic, and basil in a large bowl.
Next, add the tomatoes to the bowl and mix them.
Then, spread the tomatoes out on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast them in the oven. After that, add the chopped mozzarella to the bowl with the remaining seasoning and mix.
Once the tomatoes are roasted, add them to the bowl with the mozzarella. Then, gently mix the ingredients. Also, drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top and enjoy!
How To Serve Caprese Salad
This Caprese salad recipe is perfect on its own. It can be served in a bowl or on a plate. You can enjoy it as a main dish or as a side to another meal. Also, we love toasting a fresh baguette to enjoy it with. Additionally, this Caprese salad is best enjoyed with balsamic vinegar drizzled on top because it adds an amazing sweet and tangy flavor.
Is Caprese Salad Healthy?
Yes, Caprese salad is healthy. It is made of natural ingredients such as fresh mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. This recipe is super easy to make and the perfect healthy meal or side dish.
Other Recipes To Try Next!
- Creamy Tomato Basil Dressing No Oil
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Italian Turkey Meatloaf With Oats
- Portobello Mushrooms With White Bean Salad
- Best Ever Roasted Tomato Soup With Basil
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories95
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 10%
- Cholesterol 11mg 4%
- Sodium 276mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 0%
- Sugars 0.6g
- Protein 6.3g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.