These chocolate baked oats are packed with rich decadent chocolate flavor. This is the perfect easy recipe to make when you are craving chocolate cake! These baked oats are a delicious breakfast, snack, or even dessert! Also, this recipe is made with simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand. It is the perfect gluten-free and dairy-free lightened-up recipe that tastes like chocolate cake!
Why You Will Love Chocolate Baked Oats
- These baked oats are packed with decadent chocolate flavor.
- The mini chocolate chips add an extra burst of chocolate.
- This recipe calls for simple pantry staples.
- It is a single-serving recipe that is easy to make whenever you want a chocolate treat.
What Are Baked Oats?
Baked oats are an easy and delicious way to uplevel your oats! These chocolate baked oats have all of the delicious flavors of chocolate cake. To make them, just blend all of the ingredients and bake the baked oats in a ramekin in the oven. Also, baked oats are gluten free since they are made with oats, not flour.
What Do Chocolate Baked Oats Taste Like?
Chocolate baked oats have the delicious flavors of chocolate cake. We used Dutch-processed cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips for maximum chocolate flavor. These baked oats are a lightened-up option with all of the decadent flavors of chocolate.
Ingredients For Chocolate Baked Oats
- Oats: Use quick oats or old fashioned rolled oats.
- Cocoa Powder: Dutch-processed cocoa powder provides a decadent chocolate flavor.
- Baking Powder: Helps the baked oats rise in the oven.
- Salt: Just a pinch to enhance the flavors.
- Sweetener: Use sugar or a 1:1 sugar-free sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract: A splash for flavor.
- Milk: Use your milk of choice.
- Egg: Helps the baked oats come together and rise.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Add a burst of chocolate flavor.
What Cocoa Powder To Use?
Use Dutch-processed cocoa powder in this recipe for rich chocolate flavor in your baked oats. Dutch-processed cocoa powder tends to have a more intense chocolate flavor, which is perfect when making these baked oats.
Oats For Baked Oats
You can use old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats in this recipe. Either way, the oats will be placed in the blender with the rest of the ingredients and will be blended into oat flour. We prefer to use quick oats because we have found that they produce lighter and fluffier baked oats.
Mini Chocolate Chips
We added mini chocolate chips to these baked oats because they evenly distribute extra chocolate flavor in these baked oats. This recipe calls for a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips, but feel free to use as many as you would like or omit them altogether.
Can I Use Oat Flour?
Yes, you can make baked oats with oat flour instead. Just substitute the quick oats for oat flour and add it to the blender with the rest of the ingredients. We just use quick oats or rolled oats and blend them into oat flour since it is cheaper.
How To Make Chocolate Baked Oats
First, add the quick oats to the blender and blend.
Then, add the Dutch-processed cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sweetener, vanilla extract, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk to the blender and blend.
After that, lightly pulse in the egg.
Next, lightly spray an oven-safe ramekin with oil. Then, pour the batter into the ramekin. Add the mini chocolate chips on top before baking.
Then, bake the baked oats, let them slightly cool, and enjoy!
Chocolate Baked Oats Variations
Dairy-Free Baked Oats
These baked oats can be made dairy-free. Just use a dairy-free milk alternative such as unsweetened almond milk or oat milk.
Gluten-Free Baked Oats
These baked oats are naturally gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free oats.
These chocolate baked oats are decadent and amazing on their own. For an extra treat, try adding some light whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Banana Bread Baked Oats
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Oats
- Chocolate Mug Cake In Microwave
- Best Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories241
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
- Cholesterol 164mg 55%
- Sodium 283mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 7.5g 30%
- Sugars 4.1g
- Protein 11.9g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
is this in a 6 or 8 inch ramekin?
We used a six-inch ramekin but an 8-inch ramekin will also work. I hope you enjoy!