Who doesn’t love a fresh and delicious breakfast packed with protein? Cottage cheese with fruit is our go-to breakfast! We make it multiple times each week, either for breakfast or as a mid-day snack. This cottage cheese bowl with fruit is the ultimate! We used fresh ripe fruit and fat-free cottage cheese. Start with a creamy cottage cheese base and add your favorite fruit. We used juicy strawberries, ripe raspberries, blackberries, and fresh blueberries for a winning combination! Then, drizzle with honey and sprinkle some chia seeds on top.
Why You Will Love Cottage Cheese With Fruit
- It is a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
- Cottage cheese with fruit is healthy and nutritious.
- Cottage cheese is high in protein.
- You can easily customize your cottage cheese fruit bowls.
Ingredient Notes And Substitutions
- Cottage Cheese: Use fat-free, low-fat, or full-fat cottage cheese. We used fat-free cottage cheese in this recipe.
- Fruit: Use your favorite seasonal fresh fruit. We like to add fresh berries. Stone fruit is another delicious option, just remove the pit and chop the fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- Sweetener: A sweetener is not necessary for cottage cheese with fruit. However, we like to drizzle a little bit of honey or maple syrup on top.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are an excellent addition to cottage cheese with fruit. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Lemon: A splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice or lime juice is optional. We love adding it because it brightens the flavor.
Cottage Cheese With Fruit Nutrition
Cottage cheese and fruit are both nutritious and taste delicious together. Here are some benefits of cottage cheese and fruit:
- High Protein: Cottage cheese is high in protein. It makes for a high-protein healthy breakfast when you add fruit and assemble a bowl.
- Low In Fat: This recipe tastes delicious with fat-free cottage cheese.
- Low Sugar: Cottage cheese is low in sugar and fruits have many natural sugars.
- Vitamins: Fruit is a great source of Vitamin C.
Fruits That Pair Well With Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese with fruit is such an easy and delicious breakfast or snack. You can use any fruit you want and whatever you have on hand. Here are some ideas on what fruit to enjoy with cottage cheese:
- Sliced banana
How To Make Cottage Cheese Fruit Bowls
First, wash and dry the fruit you are using. If necessary, chop the fruit into smaller bite-sized pieces.
Next, add cottage cheese to a bowl.
Then, add the fruit on top. After that, drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
Sprinkle some chia seeds on top or add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How To Serve Cottage Cheese With Fruit
Cottage cheese with fruit is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Just wash and dry the fruit you will be using. Then, add cottage cheese to a bowl along with the fruit. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Cottage Cheese Fruit Bowl Toppings
Enjoy these cottage cheese fruit bowls as is or with some additional toppings! Here are some topping ideas for cottage cheese with fruit:
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Maple syrup
- Freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Slivered almonds
- Shredded coconut flakes
- Peanut butter
Tips For Making Cottage Cheese With Fruit
Use Whipped Cottage Cheese
If you don’t like the texture of cottage cheese, you can use whipped cottage cheese instead. To do this, place the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Customize The Bowls
Get creative and use whatever fruit you like or have on hand. Cottage cheese with fruit is easily adjustable and customizable. We often make cottage cheese bowls with the fruit we have on hand that week. You can try different flavor combinations with different fruit.
Wash Fresh Fruit
Place the fresh fruit you will be using in a strainer and spray some fruit and veggie wash on it to remove any dirt or residue. Then, rinse the fruit, cut it if necessary, and assemble your cottage cheese bowl.
Cottage Cheese And Fruit Variations
- Add More Cottage Cheese: You can add as much cottage cheese and fruit to your breakfast bowls as you want.
- Change The Fruit: To change the flavor of this cottage cheese breakfast bowl, change up the fruit you use.
- Add Mint: For an herbal note, finely chop 2-3 fresh mint leaves and add them to the bowl.
- Change The Sweetener: You can change the sweetener you use or omit it altogether. We drizzled this cottage cheese bowl with honey. Maple syrup is another great option.
- Squeeze Lemon: We love squeezing some fresh lemon juice over our cottage cheese and fruit bowls. Lemon juice brightens the flavor of the fruit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Cottage Cheese To Use?
Cottage cheese is the base of this cottage cheese fruit bowl. You can use any cottage cheese for this recipe. We used fat-free cottage cheese. Some other options are low-fat or full-fat cottage cheese. Also, you could substitute for whipped cottage cheese. Just make sure your cottage cheese isn’t salty.
Does Cottage Cheese With Fruit Taste Good?
Yes, cottage cheese with fruit is delicious! Cottage cheese and fruit are such a good combination. It is an easy and nutritious high-protein breakfast!
Is Cottage Cheese With Fruit Healthy?
Both cottage cheese and fruit and healthy. Cottage cheese fruit bowls are a high-protein healthy breakfast.
Can You Store Cottage Cheese With Fruit?
No, we do not recommend storing assembled cottage cheese fruit bowls. Just store the cottage cheese and fruit in the refrigerator in the containers they came in. Then, you can easily assemble this breakfast bowl when you are ready to eat it.
Can I Add Frozen Fruit?
While you technically can add frozen fruit, we recommend using fresh fruit. If using frozen fruit, we recommend blending it with the cottage cheese you are using. Then, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Cottage Cheese Toast
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Creamy Cottage Cheese Alfredo
- Cottage Cheese Dip
- Savory Cottage Cheese Burrito Bowl
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this cottage cheese fruit bowl!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories127
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 0%
- Cholesterol 5mg 2%
- Sodium 207mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 15.1g
- Protein 8.5g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.