This savory cottage cheese burrito bowl is a winning combination. I have been mixing cottage cheese and salsa together for years. The cottage cheese adds creaminess when mixed with the salsa without adding any fat. It’s so good!
I got inspired to turn it into a savory burrito bow and was so convinced about this and so excited to share it with you. I think Ella thought I was crazy but I told her to wait until you try it. She loved it and we devoured two bowls!
We hope you enjoy this savory cottage cheese burrito bowl as much as we do. It’s vegetarian, gluten-free, and packed with protein. It is full of delicious savory flavors. Also, it’s great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Why You Will Love This Cottage Cheese Burrito Bowl
- This recipe comes together quickly.
- This cottage cheese burrito bowl is packed with protein and flavor.
- It is easy to make for any meal of the day.
- Just combine the ingredients and enjoy!
Ingredients For Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl
- Cottage Cheese: Fat-free cottage cheese is the base of the bowl.
- Salsa: Use your salsa of choice in this recipe and mix it with cottage cheese.
- Beans: We used black beans and pinto beans in this recipe.
- Corn: Adds great flavor to this burrito bowl.
- Red Onion: Dice the red onion for this recipe.
- Tomatoes: Are delicious in this burrito bowl.
- Cilantro: Top your cottage cheese bowl with fresh chopped cilantro.
Which Beans To Use
We used black beans and pinto beans in this recioe. You can always add double the amount of one kind of bean if you don’t want to use two kinds of beans. Make sure to rinse and drain the beans before adding them to the bowl.
Burrito Bowl With Corn
Both frozen corn and canned corn will work great in this recipe. If you use frozen corn, just make sure to defrost it.
How To Make A Savory Cottage Cheese Burrito Bowl
First, rinse and drain the beans. After that, dice the red onion, dice the tomatoes and chop the cilantro.
Next, mix the fat-free cottage cheese and salsa. Then, add the pinto beans, black beans, corn, red onion, and tomatoes to the bowl.
After that, top your bowl with cilantro and enjoy!
Toppings For Savory Cottage Cheese Burrito Bowl
This savory cottage cheese burrito bowl is delicious as is or with some extra toppings. We have listed our favorite toppings below.
- More salsa for an extra kick!
- Light cheese
- A squeeze of fresh lime
- Tortilla chips
Perfect For Meal Prep
This cottage cheese burrito bowl is perfect for meal prep. I like to keep extra beans, corn, onions, and cilantro ready to go mixed in a container so I can scoop it out for my next cottage cheese burrito bowl. Then, just add the salsa and cottage cheese when you are ready to eat it. This is fresh and easy to meal prep!
High Protein Burrito Bowl
This savory burrito bowl is high in protein. The cottage cheese adds protein which helps keep you full. Also, you can always add cooked grilled chicken breast to the bowl for added protein.
Gluten-Free And Vegetarian Cottage Cheese Bowl
This savory cottage cheese burrito bowl recipe is naturally vegetarian and gluten-free! It is easy to make, high in protein, and the perfect easy meal.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Easy and Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Healthy White Bean Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
- Easy and Fresh Pico de Gallo
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories304
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 1%
- Cholesterol 20mg 7%
- Sodium 1742mg 73%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8.2g 33%
- Sugars 16.4g
- Protein 35.8g 72%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
I love these bowls! They are so good and easy to make. I would love to add black olives to this bowl.
Sounds like a great idea! So happy you are enjoying the bowls.
This is so good. I love how easy this is to make and packed with protein to keep me full. So much flavor.
Thank you for all of the wonderful recipes. They really help me with my weight loss and stay on track! You two are the best.
Thank you so much! I am so happy to hear you are enjoying all of our recipes.