I especially love making oven roasted sweet potatoes! They are so sweet and savory. Also, they are perfectly caramelized and a great side dish to any meal. This recipe brings out all of the flavors in the sweet potatoes. I like to make a big batch so I have leftovers for meal prep. I use them in salads, bowls, and even enjoy them as a snack with some dipping sauce.
Ingredients For Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes: We used four medium-sized sweet potatoes in this recipe.
- Olive Oil: Used to roast sweet potatoes.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Gives warm flavor to the sweet potatoes.
- Smoked Paprika: Adds a kick of smoky flavor.
- Salt: To season the sweet potatoes.
- Pepper: Used to season.
- Garlic: Adds flavor to the sweet potatoes.
Seasoning For Roasted Sweet Potatoes
These roasted sweet potatoes are packed with flavor. We seasoned them with pumpkin pie spice, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Replacement For Pumpkin Pie Spice
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can substitute it with 1/4 TSP of cumin and 1/4 TSP of cinnamon. It is a winning combination of flavors on your sweet potatoes. Also, make sure to add the smoked paprika!
How To Make Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
First, wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Then, chop them into cubes.
Next, add the chopped sweet potatoes to a large bowl. After that, add the olive oil, pumpkin pie spice, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic to the bowl. Then, thoroughly mix the ingredients.
Place the sweet potatoes on a sheet pan with parchment paper. After that, bake them in the oven and enjoy!
How Long To Roast Sweet Potatoes
Bake these sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes. I have found that 400 degrees Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature to cook the sweet potatoes and caramelize them without burning them.
What To Do With Roasted Sweet Potatoes
These oven-roasted sweet potatoes are perfect for meal prep. I love adding them to salads, bowls, and enjoying them as a snack. I enjoy the sweet potatoes cold in salads but you can warm them up if you prefer.
How Long Do Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes Last?
These oven-roasted sweet potatoes will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. We store the sweet potatoes in the refrigerator in these meal prep containers.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Roasted Tomatoes In The Oven
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories112
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.4g 2%
- Sodium 154mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13%
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 1.3g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Great to add with my next healthy dinner. Simple ingredients and easy to make.