This cottage cheese ranch dip is creamy and delicious! It could not be simpler to make, and it is a fantastic dip to have on hand. It’s perfect for dipping and spreading on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise. You can even turn it into a ranch dressing! Add a little milk to thin it out to the consistency you want for your salad, and you are ready to go. All you need to do is blend this dip and chill it. We love to keep this dip on hand. It is the perfect little dip that can do so much!
Why You Will Love This Ranch Dip
- It is easy to make and super creamy.
- The cottage cheese is whipped for a smooth and creamy consistency.
- This dip is packed with ranch flavor.
- It comes together quickly and tastes delicious.
- It is the perfect dip for vegetables.
- This dip is high in protein and low in calories.
- You can turn it into a ranch dressing.
What Is Ranch Cottage Cheese Dip?
You only need two ingredients to make this ranch cottage cheese dip. It is a ranch dip made from cottage cheese and ranch seasoning powder. The ingredients are blended until smooth for a creamy and flavorful dip. It tastes like a classic ranch dip while being healthier and incredibly easy to make.
Ingredients Needed For Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip
- Cottage Cheese: Use your favorite cottage cheese for this recipe. You can use fat-free, low-fat, or full-fat cottage cheese.
- Ranch Powder: Use a dried ranch seasoning powder to add ranch flavor to the dip.
How To Make Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip
Step 1: Add the cottage cheese and ranch seasoning powder to a blender.
Step 2: Place the lid on the blender. Then, thoroughly blend the ingredients until smooth.
Step 3: Transfer the dip to an airtight container and chill it in the refrigerator before serving.
What To Serve With Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy this ranch dip!
- Vegetables: Serve this ranch dip with fresh sliced vegetables. We love serving it with carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumber, carrot chips, celery, and bell peppers.
- Sandwiches: Spread some ranch dip on a sandwich instead of mayonnaise.
- Wraps: Add this ranch dip to wraps.
- Crackers: Serve this ranch dip with your favorite crackers or chips.
- Dressing: Add milk to turn this dip into a salad dressing.
- Let The Dip Chill: If you have time before serving the dip, let it chill in the refrigerator. Chill it for a few hours or until you serve it.
- Thoroughly Blend: Add the ingredients to a blender or food processor and thoroughly blend so your dip is smooth and creamy.
- Fresh Herbs: As an option, top this dip with fresh or dried herbs before serving. We added some fresh chopped parsley.
- More Ranch flavor: Add another teaspoon of ranch seasoning for more ranch flavor.
Store leftover cottage cheese ranch dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Acidity: If you want more tang in your dip, add a squeeze of fresh lemon, lime, or apple cider vinegar.
- Greek Yogurt: You can replace the cottage cheese with 0-fat Greek yogurt.
- Cottage Cheese and Yogurt: You can make this dip with cottage cheese and yogurt. Use half a cup of cottage cheese and half a cup of Greek yogurt.
- Mayonnaise: If you want, add a touch of mayonnaise to the ranch dip for more creaminess.
- Make It A Dressing: You can turn this ranch dip into a ranch dressing. Add one teaspoon of milk at a time to thin out the dip to the consistency you want for a salad dressing.
- Add Hot Sauce: Add a splash of Frank’s Red Hot buffalo wings sauce or your favorite hot sauce to give this dip a buffalo ranch flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip Last?
This ranch dip will last up to 3 days from making it when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How Long Should I Chill This Dip?
If you have time, let this dip chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or a few hours before serving.
Is This Ranch Dip Healthy?
This cottage cheese ranch dip is a lighter option than many. It is made with two simple ingredients. The cottage cheese makes this dip healthier while making it creamy and delicious. You can’t taste the cottage cheese, and the ranch flavor shines through. There is no sour cream or mayonnaise in this recipe. Also, this dip is high in protein from the cottage cheese.
What Is The Difference Between Ranch Dressing and Ranch Dip?
Ranch dressing has a thinner consistency than ranch dip. Ranch dip tends to be thicker and is excellent for dipping vegetables or chips. You can turn this ranch dip into a dressing by adding one teaspoon of milk at a time. It is delicious as both a dip and a dressing!
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- Honey Soy Ginger Sauce
- Cottage Cheese Queso
- Cottage Cheese Dip
- French Onion Dip
- Cottage Cheese Overnight Oats
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories43
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.4g 0%
- Cholesterol 2mg 1%
- Sodium 285mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 1.5g
- Protein 7g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.