Love carrot cake and banana bread? Then, you’re going to love these banana carrot muffins! They are our new muffin obsession! These muffins are super fluffy, incredibly delicious, and packed with the flavors of carrot cake and banana bread all rolled into one delicious muffin. They are super easy to make and come together with simple pantry staples. Banana carrot muffins are the perfect snack or breakfast!
Why You Will Love Banana Carrot Muffins
- These muffins have the delicious flavors of carrot cake and banana bread.
- Banana carrot muffins are perfectly light and fluffy.
- They are made with simple ingredients and are easy to mix together.
- These muffins are perfect for meal prep and are a delicious breakfast or snack.
What Do Banana Carrot Muffins Taste Like?
Banana carrot muffins combine the delicious flavors of carrots and bananas. These muffins taste like a combination between carrot cake and banana bread. They are so delicious!
Are Carrot Banana Muffins Healthy?
Yes, these banana carrot muffins are healthy and lightened up. These muffins are made with simple ingredients. Also, there is no oil in this recipe! We used bananas, eggs, unsweetened applesauce, carrots, flour, some sugar, and spices to make these muffins.
Banana Carrot Muffin Ingredients
- Bananas: Ripe bananas are essential for banana carrot muffins!
- Eggs: Helps the muffins come together and rise in the oven.
- Applesauce: Use unsweetened applesauce in this recipe.
- Vanilla: A splash of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Carrots: Grate the carrots with a food processor or box grater.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is used to make these muffins.
- Sweetener: Use sugar or your sugar-free sweetener of choice.
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg: These spices add flavor to the muffins.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: This allows the muffins to rise in the oven.
- Salt: Just a little bit to enhance the flavors.
How To Make Banana Carrot Muffins
First, wash, dry, and peel the carrots. Then, grate the carrots.
Next, add the bananas to a large bowl and mash them. After that, add the eggs, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla extract, and grated carrots to the bowl with the mashed bananas. Mix these ingredients.
Then, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
After that, mix together the wet and dry ingredients until fully combined.
Next, lightly spray a nonstick silicone baking pan with oil. Then, pour the batter into the muffin pan, forming the muffins.
Bake the muffins and enjoy!
Tips For Making Banana Carrot Muffins
Grate The Carrots
You will want to grate them at home with either a food processor or a box grater. The large side of a box grater works perfectly to grate the carrots for this recipe if you don’t have a food processor. Grated carrots at the grocery store are too thick and don’t work well in muffins. They have a hard time cooking through and can come out crunchy and uncooked.
Use Cupcake Muffin Liners
You can use cupcake muffin liners for this recipe. Just place the liners in the muffin pan and pour the batter into the liners. Or, you can lightly spray a silicone nonstick muffin pan with oil so the muffins don’t stick and pour the batter into the pan to form the muffins. We love these parchment paper muffin liners because the muffins don’t stick to them.
Don’t Overmix The Muffins
Make sure not to overmix the batter. Combine the ingredients, but don’t overmix. This will ensure your muffins turn out light and fluffy.
Don’t Overfill The Muffin Pan
It is important to leave some space at the top of each muffin cup in your muffin pan so the muffins have room to rise. You don’t want the muffins to overflow. A quarter-cup measuring cup helps ensure you get the perfect amount of batter for each muffin. You can use a measuring cup to pour the batter into the muffin pan.
Use Ripe Bananas For Muffins
It is important to use 3 medium-sized ripe bananas in this recipe. Ripe bananas are sweeter and will make the best banana carrot muffins.
Mash The Bananas
Thoroughly mash the bananas for this recipe. A fork or potato masher works well to mash the bananas.
How Long Do Banana Carrot Muffins Last?
Banana carrot muffins will last 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Or, you can store them in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature. If you store them at room temperature they are best enjoyed within 1-2 days.
Can I Freeze Muffins?
Yes, you can freeze these carrot banana muffins. They will last 2-3 months when stored in an airtight freezer-safe container. We like to use stasher bags.
Meal Prep Banana Carrot Muffins
These banana carrot muffins are great for meal prep. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy them all week for breakfast.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Easy and Healthy Carrot Cake
- Healthy Banana Bread Muffins
- Banana Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Zucchini Banana Bread Muffins
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy!
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories114
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 2%
- Cholesterol 27mg 9%
- Sodium 170mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 8%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 3.3g 7%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.