This healthy banana bread is super easy to make and it has no sugar! I always seem to have a lot of bananas on hand and they are always getting ripe on me. So, what better way to use all of those bananas than to make this delicious banana bread? This banana bread is golden brown with a slightly crispy crust. It is bursting with banana flavor with a moist and tender texture.
Banana bread is a classic and we have lightened it up. This banana bread has no oil or butter! This is a fantastic quick bread that is so versatile. You can add some chopped walnuts, pecans, raisins, or mini chocolate chips to change it up or even turn them into muffins. This recipe is the perfect breakfast or snack. Also, it is great for meal prep or to freeze and enjoy later.
Why You Will Love Healthy Banana Bread
- This banana bread is healthy and lightened up.
- There is no butter or oil in this recipe.
- This banana bread is soft and moist.
- It is packed with banana flavor throughout.
- This banana bread is easy to make.
Ingredients For Healthy Banana Bread
- Bananas: Mash four ripe spotty bananas for this banana bread.
- Eggs: You need two eggs for this recipe.
- Yogurt: Use 0-fat Greek yogurt to make the muffins moist.
- Milk: Use a little bit of your milk of choice to help thin out the Greek yogurt and make the batter the perfect consistency.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract adds flavor.
- Sweetener: To make this banana bread sugar-free, use Swerve brown sugar replacement or your sugar-free sweetener of choice.
- Flour: This banana bread is made with all-purpose flour.
- Baking Soda: Helps the banana bread rise.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds a lovely flavor to banana bread.
- Nutmeg: A pinch of nutmeg adds flavor and dimension.
- Salt: Add a pinch of salt.
How To Sweeten Banana Bread
You can make this banana bread sugar-free by using a sugar substitute such as Swerve brown sugar replacement. Or, you can always substitute it for lightly packed brown sugar.
Banana Bread Substitutions And Additions
- Flour Substitution: We used all-purpose flour. You could substitute it for whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Banana Bread With Applesauce: If you don’t want to use Greek yogurt in this recipe, you can omit the 0-fat Greek yogurt and milk. Then, substitute it for 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Add Chocolate Chips: To add a burst of chocolate flavor to your banana bread, add some chocolate chips. To keep this recipe sugar-free, add sugar-free chocolate chips. We like to lightly chop regular-sized chocolate chips or use mini chocolate chips so the flavor is evenly distributed.
- Nuts: Feel free to add nuts to this healthy banana bread! Half a cup of chopped walnuts or chopped pecans would add delicious flavor and texture.
- Raisins: You can add a half cup of raisins to this banana bread.
How To Make Healthy Banana Bread
These healthy banana bread muffins are super delicious and easy to make! First, peel the bananas, add them to a large bowl, and mash them with a fork.
Then, add the eggs, 0-fat Greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the mashed bananas and whisk.
After that, add the Swerve or brown sugar replacement to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix.
Next, in a separate large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time until the batter is fully combined.
After that, lightly spray an oven-safe loaf pan with oil or add parchment paper and pour the batter into the loaf pan.
Next, bake the banana bread. Then, let the banana bread cool, carefully remove it from the loaf pan, slice it, and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Banana Bread
You can easily store any leftover banana bread. It can be placed in an airtight container and stored on the counter for 1-2 days. Or, place the airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Also, you can freeze banana bread for 1-2 months in freezer-safe containers or stasher bags.
Tips For Making Healthy Banana Bread
Frozen Bananas Also Work In This Recipe
If you don’t have fresh bananas you can still make this recipe! You can use ripe frozen bananas instead. Just let them defrost in the bowl until they are at room temperature and ready to be mixed with the other ingredients.
Also, if you have a lot of extra ripe bananas, you can freeze them! I love freezing ripe bananas so that I always have them ready to make banana bread or my green smoothie. Also, I love using stasher bags because they are environmentally friendly, reusable, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and you can freeze them. They have many purposes, are very sturdy, and last a long time! I like to portion 4 bananas per bag so I know how many are in each bag and they are ready to go.
Mash Ripe Bananas
Mash four ripe bananas for this recipe. You can thoroughly mash the bananas or leave some chunks. Just make sure to use ripe spotty bananas, as they add sweetness.
Make Banana Bread Muffins
You can make banana bread muffins with this banana bread recipe. Just lightly spray a non-stick silicone muffin pan with oil or use muffin liners. Then, pour the batter into the muffin pan. This recipe would make about 12-16 muffins. If you make muffins, bake them for about 24-26 minutes or until done and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Banana Bread Healthy?
This banana bread is healthy and lightened up. There is no butter or oil used. Instead, it is made with ingredients such as 0-fat Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, and bananas.
Can Banana Bread Be Made Into Muffins?
Yes, banana bread can be made into muffins. You can use this recipe to make banana bread muffins. This recipe would make about 12-16 muffins.
How Long Does Banana Bread Last?
This banana bread will last 1-2 days at room temperature in an airtight container or 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Can Banana Bread Be Frozen?
Banana bread can be frozen. Bake the banana bread, slice it, and let it cool before freezing. Then, place it in freezer-safe containers or stasher bags. This banana bread can be frozen for 1-2 months.
When Is Banana Bread Done?
You will know your banana bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Bake this banana bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45-55 minutes or until done.
Other Recipes To Try Next!
- Banana Apple Muffins That You Will Love
- The Best Healthy Apple Pie Filling
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Banana Carrot Muffins
- Healthy Coffee Cake
- Banana Bread Baked Oats
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
15 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories87
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 0%
- Cholesterol 21mg 8%
- Sodium 124mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 4%
- Sugars 3.9g
- Protein 2.8g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.