This banana cream pie with pudding is perfection! It combines the velvety, creamy texture of the pudding with the natural sweetness of the ripe bananas. It has a crispy crunch Nilla wafer crust and is topped with fluffy whipped cream. This easy dessert is assembled in a jar for the perfect individual serving. Banana cream pie is a timeless dessert that you will love for its simplicity and classic flavors.
Why You Will Love Banana Cream Pie
- You can assemble this dessert in a jar.
- It is super easy to make.
- It is the perfect serving size for one or two to enjoy.
- The Nilla wafers create a delicious crust.
- The pudding is creamy and adds flavor to this dessert.
- You only need one banana to make this recipe.
- Banana: Use one medium-sized ripe banana. Slice the banana into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Nilla Wafers: Mini Nilla wafers act as the crust.
- Pudding: Use vanilla instant pudding mix or vanilla sugar-free instant pudding mix.
- Milk: Whisk the instant pudding mix with milk to form the pudding.
- Whipped Cream: Add whipped cream topping when you are ready to enjoy.
How To Make Banana Cream Pie With Pudding
First, peel and slice the banana.
Next, add the milk and vanilla instant pudding mix to a bowl. Then, whisk until a pudding forms.
After that, assemble this dessert in a jar. First, add the mini Nilla wafers to the bottom of the jar.
Then, add a layer of pudding and banana slices. Continue layering the pudding and banana slices until you use them all.
Once assembled, seal the jar and place it in the refrigerator and let it chill so the pudding sets. Then, top it with whipped cream and enjoy!
How To Serve
Once chilled and when you are ready to serve, add whipped cream on top and enjoy! Also, you can sprinkle some toasted coconut flakes on top.
Use A Ripe Banana
You need one banana for this recipe. Make sure the banana is ripe but avoid using an over-ripe banana, as it may be too mushy.
Let The Pudding Set
Thoroughly whisk the instant pudding mix and milk until a pudding forms. Also, let this dessert chill in the refrigerator before enjoying it because the pudding needs time to set.
Banana Cream Pie Variations
- Pudding Variation: Use vanilla instant pudding mix or sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix. For another option, you could use regular or sugar-free Jell-O banana cream instant pudding.
- Nilla Wafers: Mini Nilla wafers are the perfect size. If you don’t have them, you can use regular-sized Nilla wafers. If you do this, use fewer wafers. Also, lightly break them into smaller pieces so they fit in the jar.
- Whipped Cream Topping: Use your favorite whipped cream topping. Some options are dairy-free coconut whipped cream, CocoWhip, and Truwhip.
- Add Vanilla Extract: You can add a splash of vanilla extract to the pudding for flavor.
- Make More Servings: This recipe makes the perfect single serving in a jar. For more servings, double or triple this recipe to assemble more individual jars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Banana Cream Pie Healthy?
This banana cream pie is lightened up and made with simple ingredients. There is no heavy whipping cream, custard, butter, or powdered sugar in this recipe.
How Long Does Banana Cream Pie Last?
Enjoy this individual serving of banana cream pie with pudding within 1-2 days. Store it in the refrigerator in the airtight jar you made it in.
Does Banana Cream Pie Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, this banana cream pie needs to be refrigerated. Place it in the refrigerator to chill after making it so the pudding has time to set. Also, keep it refrigerated at all times unless you are eating it.
Is Banana Cream Pie Baked?
This banana cream pie is not baked. It is an easy no-bake dessert. Usually, the crust is baked. However, we used mini Nilla wafers as a pie crust instead so there is no baking required.
What Is Banana Cream Pie Made Of?
This recipe is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. It consists of a sliced banana, mini Nilla wafers, and vanilla pudding. Then, it is topped with whipped cream before serving.
What Can I Use Instead Of Nilla Wafers?
We used mini Nilla wafers in this recipe. If you don’t want to use Nilla wafers, you can substitute them for graham crackers or ladyfingers. Just crush the graham crackers into smaller pieces or cut the ladyfingers so they fit in the jar.
Is Banana Cream Pie Gluten-Free?
This banana cream pie is not gluten-free because it contains mini Nilla wafers. If you would like to make it gluten-free you can omit the Nilla wafers. Or, you can substitute them with gluten-free graham crackers.
What Size Jar To Use?
Assemble this dessert in an airtight jar with a lid. Use a jar that holds at least 16 ounces. These mason jars will work great.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Individual Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Banana Bread Baked Oats
- Healthy Banana Pancakes With Oats
- No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Jars
- Peach Tiramisu In A Jar
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this banana cream pie with pudding!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories217
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 0%
- Cholesterol 5mg 2%
- Sodium 164mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12%
- Sugars 26.5g
- Protein 5.9g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.