Who does not love a classic icebox cake? Now it just got even better because you can make one or two servings in an instant! No baking is required for this easy strawberry icebox cake and you have an effortless decadent dessert anytime.
It is layered with sweet juicy fresh strawberries, creamy vanilla pudding, and crispy graham crackers. Then, this crave-worthy dessert is topped with fluffy whipped cream. It is easy to assemble in a jar and is the perfect individual serving.
Why You Will Love Strawberry Icebox Cake
- This icebox cake has layers of fresh strawberries.
- It is easy to assemble in a jar.
- You can quickly and easily make this single-serve icebox cake.
- There is no baking required to make this recipe.
- Chill this icebox cake in the refrigerator and enjoy!
What Is An Icebox Cake?
An icebox cake is an easy dessert made with graham crackers, pudding, whipped cream, and fresh fruit. We used fresh strawberries for this strawberry icebox cake recipe. Also, there is no baking required to make this cake. Icebox cakes are assembled and placed in the refrigerator to chill. They are called icebox cakes because they are placed in an “icebox” to chill. Icebox cake needs to chill so the pudding has time to set and so the graham crackers soften. It is such a refreshing and delicious dessert. We made an individual strawberry icebox cake for when you are craving icebox cake but don’t want to make a whole cake.
Strawberry Icebox Cake Ingredients
- Strawberries: Use 4-5 large fresh strawberries and dice them.
- Graham Crackers: We like to use graham cracker squares because they are the perfect size. If you don’t have them, just break a regular-sized graham cracker in half.
- Pudding: Use vanilla instant pudding or sugar-free pudding mix.
- Milk: Whisk the milk with the instant pudding mix to form the pudding.
- Whipped Cream: Use your whipped cream topping of choice.
How To Make Strawberry Icebox Cake
First, wash and dry the fresh strawberries. Then, dice the strawberries.
Next, whisk the vanilla instant pudding and milk together in a bowl until the pudding forms.
After that, assemble this individual icebox cake in a jar. First, add a graham cracker square to the jar.
Then, add a layer of pudding.
After that, add a layer of fresh diced strawberries.
Continue these layers with the rest of the ingredients.
Next, place the lid on the jar and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
Then, top with your whipped cream topping of choice, and enjoy!
How To Serve Strawberry Icebox Cake
Enjoy this icebox cake right out of the jar you made it in. Top it with whipped cream or your favorite whipped topping!
Icebox Cake Toppings
This icebox cake is delicious on its own or with some additional toppings! Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Whipped cream of choice
- Additional chopped strawberries
- Chopped nuts
- Fresh strawberry jam
- A drizzle of chocolate syrup
Tips For Making Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Fresh Fruit: Use ripe, fresh strawberries for this recipe. They are juicy and have the best sweet flavor.
- Dice The Strawberries: Dice the fresh strawberries into small pieces so you get the perfect amount of strawberries, pudding, graham crackers, and whipped cream in each bite.
- Make More: This is a single-serve strawberry icebox cake for one. You can double or triple the recipe if you want to make more individual icebox cakes.
- Whisk: Thoroughly whisk the instant pudding mix and milk until the pudding forms.
- Let The Pudding Set: Let the icebox cake chill in the refrigerator so the pudding has time to set.
- Whipped Cream: Add some whipped cream or whipped topping of choice on top of this individual icebox cake when you are ready to enjoy it.
How To Store
Store this strawberry icebox cake in the jar you made it in so it is ready to go when you want to eat it!
Strawberry Icebox Cake Variations
- Sugar-Free Pudding: If you want to use sugar-free pudding instead, use 1 ¼ teaspoons of sugar-free pudding mix and 1/4 cup of milk.
- Pudding Flavor: You can change up the pudding you use! We used vanilla pudding in this icebox cake. Also, chocolate pudding would be delicious, especially with the flavor of the strawberries!
- Layers Of Whipped Cream: When layering this icebox cake, you can add layers of whipped cream instead of adding whipped cream on top. If you do this, make sure the whipped cream is its own separate layer. Don’t mix the whipped cream with the pudding because that prevents the pudding from setting.
- Fruit: If you don’t want to use strawberries in this icebox cake, you can use sliced bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or any fruit that sounds good to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Strawberry Icebox Cake Healthy?
This icebox cake is lightened up. It consists of fresh strawberries, graham crackers, pudding, and whipped cream. This is the perfect single-serving strawberry dessert. Also, there is no powdered sugar, heavy cream, or cream cheese needed for this recipe.
Can I Make An Icebox Cake Ahead Of Time?
This icebox cake is easy to assemble. Just chop the strawberries and whisk the pudding. It is best to make and refrigerate this icebox cake ahead of time or before you want to eat it because it needs time to chill for 4 or more hours for the pudding to set.
How Long Does Strawberry Icebox Cake Last?
This strawberry icebox cake is best enjoyed within 1-2 days of making it if stored in the airtight jar it was assembled in and refrigerated.
How Long To Chill Icebox Cake For?
Chill this strawberry icebox cake in the refrigerator before enjoying it. Let it chill for at least 4 hours so the pudding has time to set, the graham crackers soften, and the flavors come together.
Can I Use A Different Pudding Flavor?
This icebox cake is made with vanilla pudding. If you don’t want vanilla pudding, try chocolate pudding or your favorite flavor. Also, you can use sugar-free pudding.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Strawberry Crumble
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Individual Strawberry Tiramisu
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this strawberry icebox cake!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories106
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 0%
- Cholesterol 4mg 2%
- Sodium 131mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 8%
- Sugars 12.5g
- Protein 3.2g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.