Snickerdoodle cookies are the ultimate holiday treat! It’s a good thing we have lightened them up because it’s hard to just eat just one! These cookies have the flavors of classic snickerdoodles while being healthier. They are full of warm, delicious cinnamon. Also, the texture is incredible! These snickerdoodle cookies are perfectly soft, fluffy, and airy. They are sure to become one of your favorites this holiday season!
Why You Will Love Snickerdoodle Cookies
- They have a soft, fluffy, light, and airy texture.
- These cookies are full of cinnamon flavor.
- We have lightened up the classic holiday cookie.
- They are lightened up while being just as delicious as classic snickerdoodles!
What Are Snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodles are a classic holiday cookie. They are traditionally made with cream of tartar, which gives them their distinct flavor. We have lightened them up and they are so delicious!
Ingredients For Healthier Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Flour: All-purpose flour is the base of the cookie dough.
- Cream Of Tartar: Gives snickerdoodles their classic flavor.
- Baking Soda: Helps the snickerdoodles rise.
- Cinnamon: For classic snickerdoodle flavors!
- Salt: Just a little to enhance the flavors.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Sugar: You can sweeten these cookies with sugar or monk fruit.
- Eggs: Helps the cookie dough come together and helps the cookies spread.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds flavor to the cookie dough.
- Sugar and Cinnamon: For rolling the cookie dough balls in.
Why Is Cream Of Tartar Used In Snickerdoodles?
Cream of tartar is used in snickerdoodles to give them their classic flavor. Cream of tartar makes them soft and slightly tangy. Instead of baking powder, use cream of tartar and baking soda in snickerdoodles. If you used baking powder instead of baking soda and cream of tartar you wouldn’t really have a snickerdoodle. However, if you would rather use baking powder and don’t want to use cream of tartar, check out our cinnamon sugar cookies!
How To Make Snickerdoodle Cookies
First, thoroughly mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
Next, add the room-temperature unsalted butter and sugar or monk fruit to another large bowl. Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract. Combine everything with your mixer.
Once the wet ingredients are combined, add the dry ingredients to the bowl a little bit at a time. Combine all of the ingredients.
Next, transfer the combined cookie dough to a bowl. Then, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator.
Once the dough has chilled, remove the plastic wrap. Then, use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop and roll the dough into balls with your hands. After that, roll each ball of cookie dough in the sugar or monk fruit and cinnamon.
Then, place the cookie dough balls on a sheet pan with parchment paper. Bake the cookies, let them slightly cool, and enjoy!
How To Make Soft Snickerdoodles
The soft texture of these snickerdoodles is incredible. To ensure that your cookies will be soft, we recommend cooking them for about 7-9 minutes. The cookies will spread and will be perfectly soft throughout.
Roll Snickerdoodles In Cinnamon And Sugar
Classic snickerdoodle cookies are rolled in cinnamon and sugar before baking. We rolled our snickerdoodle cookie dough balls in monk fruit and cinnamon before placing them on a sheet pan with parchment paper to bake.
Why Chill The Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough?
It is very important to chill the snickerdoodle cookie dough. This dough is very wet and sticky once combined. Let the cookie dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight to ensure it will become firm. Once the dough is firm, you will be able to use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to make the snickerdoodles.
How Long Do Snickerdoodle Cookies Last?
These snickerdoodle cookies will last 5-7 days in an airtight container at room temperature on the counter.
More Cookies To Try Next!
- Healthy Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Healthier Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Healthy Sugar Cookies With Easy Icing
- Amazing Peanut Butter Cookies Gluten Free
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
28 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories49
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
- Cholesterol 15mg 5%
- Sodium 55mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 2%
- Sugars 0.1g
- Protein 1.3g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.