You have to try these cinnamon sugar cookies! They taste like a combination between sugar cookies and snickerdoodles. You can’t even tell that we have lightened them up! The irresistible aroma of warm cinnamon and holiday flavors will fill the air as you make these cookies. They are light, fluffy, and perfectly soft on the inside. Also, they are rolled in sugar before baking for an even more delicious flavor and texture. You definitely don’t want to miss these cookies!
Why You Will Love Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- The flavor is incredible! You get the flavors of cinnamon and sugar cookies all in one!
- These cookies are soft on the inside and have an outside layer of sugar.
- They are easy to make and the recipe calls for simple pantry staples.
- These cookies are lightened-up!
Are Cinnamon Sugar Cookies Healthy?
These cinnamon sugar cookies are a healthier option. Most cinnamon sugar cookies are made with a lot of butter, sugar, or oil. These cookies have just two tablespoons of butter. You can’t even tell they are lightened up because the texture and flavor are incredible!
Ingredients For Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Flour: This recipe calls for all-purpose flour.
- Baking Powder: This helps the cookies rise in the oven and contributes to their soft texture.
- Cinnamon: Adds warm cinnamon flavor to these cookies.
- Salt: Just a pinch for flavor.
- Butter: We used a small amount of butter in this recipe to help the cookies come together. Also, make sure your butter is softened.
- Sweetener: You can use sugar or monk fruit in this recipe, or a combination of both as long as you have 1/2 cup. Also, you will need more sugar and monk fruit later to roll the cookie dough balls in.
- Milk: We used a small amount of almond milk to soften the dough. Feel free to use your milk or choice.
- Vanilla Extract: To add flavor to the cookie dough.
- Egg: One egg in this recipe helps the dough come together. We recommend using a room-temperature egg.
Why Use A Room Temperature Egg?
It is best to use a room-temperature egg when making these cookies. This is because at room temperature you can mix the egg with the butter and wet ingredients easily.
Use Softened Butter
You will need softened butter for this recipe. Just measure your butter and let it soften at room temperature. Make sure not to melt the butter. Softened butter is much easier to combine with the sugar and wet ingredients.
How To Measure The Ingredients
We recommend using a scale to measure ingredients when baking. A scale makes it so much easier to measure and you don’t need measuring cups, which can be inaccurate for baking. Using a scale helps ensure that you are using the correct amount of each ingredient and that the cookies will turn out. For example, when measuring flour, it is often not properly spooned and leveled into a measuring cup. This may leave you with more flour, which will affect the outcome of the cookies. If you don’t have a scale, you can use measuring cups, it is just more accurate with a scale.
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Thoroughly mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Next, add the softened butter and sugar to a separate large bowl. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine the unsalted butter and sugar. Then, add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and egg. Combine everything with your mixer.
Once the wet ingredients are combined, add the dry ingredients to the bowl a little at a time. Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
After that, cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill in it the refrigerator.
Once chilled, use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop and roll the dough into balls. Then, roll each ball in sugar.
Next, place the cookie dough balls on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
After that, bake the cookies, let them slightly cool, and enjoy!
Why Chill The Cookie Dough?
It is important to chill the dough before baking these cookies. Chilling the cookie dough helps the ingredients come together and makes the dough more firm. Also, it is easier to roll the dough in the sugar or monk fruit when it is firm. We recommend chilling the dough in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours. To chill the dough place it in a bowl with plastic wrap over top and refrigerate. Once chilled, remove the dough from the refrigerator and use a cookie scoop to form balls of cookie dough. Then, roll the cookie dough balls in the sugar or monk fruit.
Use A Cookie Scoop
You want your cinnamon sugar cookies to be consistent in size. We recommend using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough. Then, roll the dough in your hands to form a ball.
How To Store Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
These cinnamon sugar cookies can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter for 2-3 days.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
- Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
- Healthy Hot Chocolate
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
20 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories50
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
- Cholesterol 11mg 4%
- Sodium 35mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 2%
- Sugars 0.1g
- Protein 1.3g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.