I absolutely love this slow cooker spaghetti squash! Made with your favorite marinara sauce, it effortlessly comes together for a delicious low-carb Italian dinner. Using spaghetti squash instead of traditional pasta makes this the ultimate low-carb, low-fat recipe. Also, there is no need to bake the spaghetti squash separately, the slow cooker does it all for you! This has become a regular in our dinner rotation. It is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to cook spaghetti squash Italian style.
Why You Will Love Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash
- The slow cooker does all of the cooking for you!
- It is such an easy and effortless recipe.
- You can use your favorite jar of marinara sauce with the spaghetti squash.
- It makes for a delicious low-carb meal.
- Everything is cooked in the slow cooker, making it simple and easy to prepare.
What Is Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash?
Slow cooker spaghetti squash is spaghetti squash that is cooked in the slow cooker with marinara sauce. The slow cooker cooks the spaghetti squash to perfection and makes it super easy. Once cooked, use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash, add it back to the slow cooker with the marinara sauce, mix, and enjoy! It is an easy way to cook spaghetti squash and this is the ultimate low-carb recipe.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash Recipe Ingredients
- Spaghetti Squash: Cut one large spaghetti squash in half and use half of it in this recipe.
- Marinara Sauce: Use a jar of marinara sauce.
- Basil: This is optional but adds flavor to the sauce.
- Oregano: You can add oregano to uplevel the flavors of the marinara sauce.
- Garlic: As an option, you can add some minced garlic for flavor.
Substitutions And Variations
- What Size Spaghetti Squash: Carefully cut a large spaghetti squash in half and use half of it. Or, you can cut one small spaghetti squash in half and use both halves as long as they fit in your slow cooker.
- What Marinara To Use: Use your favorite jar of marinara sauce in this recipe. Or, our homemade marinara sauce would be delicious in this recipe!
- Seasonings: We added basil, oregano, and garlic to uplevel the jar of marinara sauce. These ingredients are optional and depend on what sauce you use.
How To Cut Spaghetti Squash
For this recipe, wash and dry the spaghetti squash. Then, carefully cut it in half lengthwise. After that, scoop out the seeds. You may need to cut the ends off the spaghetti squash to make it fit in your slow cooker, depending on the size. If you are having a hard time cutting the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, carefully cut it in half horizontally down the center and then in half lengthwise.
What Spaghetti Squash To Use
Cut one large spaghetti squash in half and use half of it. If you don’t have a large spaghetti squash, you can use both halves of a small spaghetti squash. Just make sure the spaghetti squash fits in your slow cooker. If necessary, cut the ends off the spaghetti squash so it fits.
How To Make Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash
First, wash and dry the spaghetti squash. Then, carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
Next, add the marinara sauce, and optional basil, oregano, and garlic to the slow cooker.
Then, mix and add half of the large spaghetti squash to the slow cooker with the cut side down.
After that, place the lid on the slow cooker and cook everything.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In The Slow Cooker
To cook spaghetti squash in the slow cooker for this recipe, pour the marinara sauce into the slow cooker and then add the cut spaghetti squash cut side down. Cook the spaghetti squash in the slow cooker on high for 3-3 ½ hours or on low for 5-6 hours. When it is done, carefully transfer it to a cutting board and use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash.
Tips For Making Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash
- Carefully Cut The Spaghetti Squash: The spaghetti squash may be challenging to cut, so make sure to carefully cut it.
- Make Sure It Fits In Slow Cooker: Make sure your spaghetti squash fits in the slow cooker. If it doesn’t fit, you can cut part of the ends off.
- Remove The Seeds: After you cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds.
How To Serve
After you scrape the spaghetti squash with a fork and it is ready to be enjoyed, you can add the scraped spaghetti squash noodles back to the slow cooker. Or, add them to a bowl and pour the marinara sauce from the slow cooker over top. Then, enjoy or top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
How To Store And Reheat
To Store: Let the leftovers cool and then add them to an airtight container. Then, store them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To Reheat: Reheat the slow cooker spaghetti squash with marinara in a saucepan on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave until warm. Just make sure the container you use is oven-safe or microwave-safe, depending on which method you use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Good Way To Eat Spaghetti Squash?
Spaghetti squash is delicious with marinara sauce! It is easy to cook spaghetti squash in the slow cooker. You can make this entire meal in the slow cooker!
Can You Cook Spaghetti Squash In A Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can cook spaghetti squash in a slow cooker. It is such an easy method and makes this recipe super easy. The slow cooker does all of the work and you get a delicious and effortless meal when it is done.
Is Spaghetti Squash Healthy?
Yes, spaghetti squash is healthy! Spaghetti squash is low in carbs and is nutritious. It is an excellent pasta alternative and is lower in calories than traditional pasta. For this recipe, it is easy to cook the spaghetti squash in the slow cooker with marinara sauce, for a flavorful low-fat and low-carb meal!
How Long Does Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash Last?
This slow cooker spaghetti squash with marinara sauce will last 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Is Spaghetti Squash Low Carb?
Spaghetti squash is low-carb! It is a great alternative to pasta noodles and makes for a delicious dinner with marinara sauce.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
- Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this slow cooker spaghetti squash!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories97
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.2g 5%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 665mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 12%
- Sugars 12.9g
- Protein 2.5g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.