Elevate breakfast with these banana strawberry pancakes! They are packed with sweet juicy strawberries and ripe creamy bananas. These pancakes come together easily in the blender and make for a delicious breakfast. They are made with oats and almond milk, making them gluten-free and dairy-free. These strawberry banana pancakes are great for meal prep and you can freeze them for later.
Why You Will Love Strawberry Banana Pancakes
- These pancakes have the delicious flavors of ripe, sweet bananas and juicy strawberries!
- They are easy to make, and all the ingredients are blended.
- There is no flour or butter in these pancakes.
- These pancakes are made with rolled oats which are blended into oat flour.
- They are made with healthier ingredients and simple pantry staples.
- This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free!
What Are Banana Strawberry Pancakes?
These pancakes are bursting with the delicious flavors of strawberries and bananas! We blend a ripe banana and frozen strawberries into the batter and top the pancakes with fresh strawberries and sliced bananas. Using oat flour instead of all-purpose flour makes them light and healthy, yet still incredibly flavorful. The pancakes are easy to make and turn out light and fluffy.
Ingredients Needed For Strawberry Banana Pancakes
- Rolled Oats: Blend old-fashioned rolled oats into oat flour. If you have oat flour on hand you can use that instead.
- Baking Powder: Add baking powder to ensure the pancakes are fluffy and rise.
- Salt: Add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor of these pancakes.
- Almond Milk: Use unsweetened vanilla almond milk or your milk of choice.
- Vanilla: A splash of vanilla extract adds flavor.
- Banana: Use one ripe banana to add banana flavor to these pancakes.
- Strawberries: We used frozen strawberries to keep this recipe simple. You can substitute them for fresh strawberries if you prefer or top the pancakes with fresh strawberries.
- Egg: One egg helps the pancake batter come together. Lightly pulse in the egg after blending the other ingredients.
How To Make Banana Strawberry Pancakes
Step 1: Add the rolled oats to a high-powered blender.
Step 2: Thoroughly blend the rolled oats. Blend them into fine oat flour.
Step 3: Add the baking powder, salt, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, banana, and frozen strawberries to the blender.
Step 4: Thoroughly blend the ingredients in the blender. Scrape down the sides to ensure everything is combined and there aren’t any lumps.
Step 5: Add the egg to the blender and lightly pulse it in.
Step 6: Lightly spray a large non-stick pan with coconut oil. Then, cook the pancakes over low-medium heat. Pour the batter into the pan to form the individual pancakes and repeat this process until you use all the batter. Cook the pancakes for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
Step 7: Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate.
How To Serve
When ready to serve, top the pancakes with fresh chopped strawberries, sliced bananas, or your favorite toppings. Then, drizzle with maple syrup.
- Use A Ripe Banana: Make sure the banana is ripe before making this recipe. Ripe bananas give these pancakes the sweetest and best flavor.
- Use Frozen Strawberries: For the easiest and most cost-effective option, blend frozen strawberries into the batter.
- Thoroughly Blend: Scrape down the sides of the blender and thoroughly blend the ingredients. You don’t want any lumps or un-blended frozen strawberries in the batter.
- Blend The Oats: Thoroughly blend the rolled oats into fine oat flour before adding the other ingredients.
- Lightly Pulse The Egg: Once all the ingredients are blended, lightly pulse in the egg. You don’t want to over-blend the egg.
- Pancake Batter: Pour the batter to make pancakes about three to four inches in diameter.
- Cook Over Low-Medium Heat: Cook the pancakes over low-medium heat and adjust the heat as necessary while the pancakes cook so they don’t burn. You want them cooked through and lightly golden brown without them being overcooked.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
To Store: Store leftover cooked pancakes in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. Wrap them in tinfoil to easily put them in the oven to reheat or store them in an airtight container.
To Reheat: When ready to reheat the pancakes, place the tinfoil-wrapped pancakes in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until the pancakes are warmed through.
To Freeze: You can freeze leftover pancakes. Store them in an airtight container, stasher bag, or Ziploc bag. Then, freeze them for up to two months. Reheat at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Use Fresh Strawberries: Replace the frozen strawberries with fresh strawberries.
- Frozen Strawberries Substitution: You could replace the frozen strawberries with frozen blueberries, peaches, mangoes, or raspberries for a different flavor.
- Milk Of Choice: Use your milk of choice in this recipe. We kept these pancakes dairy-free by using unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Add Chocolate Chips: Add mini chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to the pancakes when cooking them for a burst of chocolate flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Banana Strawberry Pancakes Healthy?
These banana strawberry pancakes are a healthier option. There is no butter or flour in this recipe. Also, there is no sugar added to the pancake batter. They are made with rolled oats and dairy-free milk. The strawberries and bananas add natural sweetness and you can drizzle with maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup when ready to serve.
How Long Do Strawberry Banana Pancakes Last?
These pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can I Make Pancakes Ahead Of Time?
You can prepare these pancakes in advance, making them an excellent breakfast for meal prep! For more pancakes, simply double the recipe. After cooking the pancakes, allow them to cool and store them in the refrigerator or freezer. Then, reheat them in the oven until warm before serving.
Can I Freeze Banana Strawberry Pancakes?
Yes. You can freeze these pancakes! Store the pancakes in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and freeze them for up to 1-2 months. We love freezing them in individual servings so you can reheat what you need.
How Many Pancakes Does This Recipe Make?
This recipe makes about 8-10 banana strawberry pancakes that are each about 3-4 inches in diameter.
Do I Need To Use A Ripe Banana?
Yes, you need to use a ripe banana for this recipe. Brown spotted bananas are best because they have the sweetest flavor.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Banana Pancakes With Oats
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Homemade Peach Pancakes
- Banana Bread Recipe
- Chocolate Strawberry Balls
- Strawberry Crepes Recipe
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories243
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5%
- Cholesterol 82mg 28%
- Sodium 64mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 6.4g 24%
- Sugars 11.9g
- Protein 8.3g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.