This s’mores bark with chocolate and marshmallows is delicious and easy to make! We’ve added our own special twist to this recipe by using cinnamon crunch cereal instead of graham crackers. The cereal adds so much flavor to this s’mores bark and complements the chocolate and marshmallows.
We love making s’mores bark because it doesn’t require a campfire! It’s the perfect dessert that you can make anywhere and anytime. It’s so good that Ella and I have been snacking on it all week!
Why You Will Love S’mores Bark
- There is no campfire needed!
- You only need 3 ingredients to make s’mores bark!
- This chocolate bark has the flavors of s’mores.
- We used cinnamon crunch cereal instead of graham crackers for flavor.
- S’mores bark is such a delicious dessert or snack.
What Is S’mores Bark?
S’mores bark is a deconstructed version of classic s’mores that is made with dark chocolate, mini marshmallows, and cinnamon crunch cereal instead of graham crackers. You taste the delicious flavors of s’mores in this bark!
S’mores Bark Ingredients
You only need 3 simple ingredients to make this s’mores bark!
- Dark Chocolate: Melt a dark chocolate bar for this s’mores bark.
- Marshmallows: Use mini marshmallows for this recipe.
- Cinnamon Cereal: We used the Cascadian Farm organic cinnamon crunch cereal. Cinnamon toast crunch cereal will also work.
How To Make S’mores Bark
To make s’mores bark, start by finely chopping the dark chocolate bar. Then, fill a saucepan with 1-2 inches of water and bring it to a boil on the stove. Next, place a heat-resistant bowl on top of the saucepan with boiling water and reduce the heat to a simmer. Make sure to mix the chocolate in the bowl the entire time so it doesn’t burn. Remove the bowl from the stove when there are a few chunks of chocolate left.
After that, place the bowl on a towel to absorb any moisture and continue mixing the chocolate. Next, add the mini marshmallows and cinnamon crunch cereal to the bowl. Combine the ingredients until everything is coated in chocolate.
Then, place the s’mores bark on a sheet pan with parchment paper. Optional: Save a few mini marshmallows and pieces of cereal from this recipe to put on top of the bark. After that, let the bark chill in the refrigerator. Once hardened, cut into 10 pieces and enjoy!
Tips For Making S’mores Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate: When making s’mores bark, ensure no water gets in the chocolate because if it does, it will seize. After removing the bowl with chocolate from the double boiler, place it on a kitchen towel to absorb any moisture.
- Melt: Finely chop the dark chocolate bar so it melts easier. Also, you can use the double boiler method or microwave method to melt the chocolate.
- Chill The Bark: Make sure to chill this s’mores bark in the refrigerator for one hour before cutting it and enjoying it. The chocolate needs time to harden. If you would like to enjoy this s’mores bark sooner, you can place it in the freezer instead.
- Use Mini Marshmallows: Use mini marshmallows for this s’mores bark. Regular-sized marshmallows are too large for this recipe while mini marshmallows are the perfect size.
S’mores Bark Variations
- Make More Bark: This recipe makes 10 pieces of s’mores bark. If you would like to make more, you can always double this recipe.
- Change The Chocolate: If you don’t want to use dark chocolate, substitute it with milk chocolate or your favorite chocolate. You could also use sugar-free chocolate if you prefer.
- Save Some For The Top: You can save some mini marshmallows and cinnamon crunch cereal for the top of the bark.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is S’mores Bark Made Of?
S’mores bark is made of dark chocolate, cinnamon crunch cereal, and mini marshmallows. We used cinnamon crunch cereal instead of graham crackers.
How Long Does S’mores Bark Last?
If you have any leftovers, you can store this s’mores bark in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How Long To Chill Bark?
Refrigerate this bark for at least one hour before cutting and enjoying it.
Why Use Cinnamon Crunch Cereal?
We used cinnamon crunch cereal in this s’mores bark! It adds delicious flavor to this bark and complements the chocolate and marshmallows. We used cereal instead of graham crackers. Also, cinnamon crunch cereal is the perfect size for this bark.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Chocolate Brownie Energy Balls
- Chocolate Covered Blueberries
- Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
- Homemade Chocolate Bars
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Frozen Cottage Cheese Bark
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this s’mores bark!
10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories44
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 14mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 0%
- Sugars 4.6g
- Protein 0.5g 0%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.