If you like white bean chicken chili you are going to love this tomatillo chicken savory cottage cheese bowl. It has all of the flavors of green chilies, chicken, and spices with the added bonus of extra protein from cottage cheese. This bowl is a fantastic high-protein meal with 57 grams of protein and it comes together in minutes for an incredible savory dish to enjoy anytime.
Why Use Cottage Cheese?
Cottage cheese is very high in protein while being low in carbs and sugar. One cup of cottage cheese has 25 grams of protein! Also, cottage cheese adds creaminess and protein to make this a delicious low-fat and high-protein meal.
How To Make Cottage Cheese Taste Good Savory
We love adding salsa to cottage cheese. It makes it savory and creamy at the same time. The cottage cheese tastes delicious when mixed with salsa. In this recipe, we mixed cottage cheese with tomatillo salsa. For another delicious bowl, try our savory cottage cheese burrito bowl where we mixed the cottage cheese with red salsa.
Ingredients For Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl
- Cottage Cheese: Fat-free cottage cheese is the base.
- Salsa: Tomatillo salsa or your favorite green salsa to mix with cottage cheese.
- Beans: We used white beans.
- Corn: Adds delicious flavor to the bowl.
- Chicken: We added cooked chopped chicken breast.
- Cilantro: Freshly chopped cilantro to sprinkle on top.
- Green Onions: Top your cottage cheese bowl with sliced green onions.
- Lime: Squeeze some lime juice for amazing flavor.
What Kind Of Cottage Cheese To Use?
We used fat-free cottage cheese in this recipe but 2% is also a great option.
What Salsa To Use?
We used a fresh tomatillo salsa but you can use any green salsa that you enjoy in this savory cottage cheese bowl.
Which Beans To Use?
We used white beans as they complement the flavors of the chicken and salsa. However, pinto beans would also be a great option.
How To Make A Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl
First, rinse and drain the white beans.
After that, mix the cottage cheese and tomatillo salsa.
Next, add the white beans, corn, and cooked chopped chicken breast on top of your cottage cheese mixture.
Then, top your bowl with chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl Toppings
This tomatillo chicken savory cottage cheese bowl is delicious as is or with some extra toppings. We have listed our favorite toppings.
- Diced jalapeños
- Extra salsa
- Cotija cheese
- Tortilla chips
How To Meal Prep Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl
To keep this savory cottage cheese bowl fresh, keep all of your individual ingredients in air-tight containers ready to go, and scoop them out when you want to make your bowl. You will have your meal ready in minutes!
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Savory Cottage Cheese Burrito Bowl
- Healthy White Bean Chicken Chili
- White Bean Tuna Salad Recipe
- Easy and Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories385
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.2g 6%
- Cholesterol 108mg 36%
- Sodium 901mg 38%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 22%
- Sugars 6.3g
- Protein 57.6g 116%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.