These air fryer cherry tomatoes are a game changer! Air frying elevates the natural sweetness of the tomatoes. With just a touch of oil and a sprinkle of seasonings, turn ordinary tomatoes into something extraordinary. Also, they cook in a fraction of the time compared to slow roasting them. These air fryer cherry tomatoes are juicy, caramelized, and bursting with flavor! Whether as a topping for salads, a flavorful addition to pasta dishes, a standalone snack, or a side dish these air fryer cherry tomatoes are a must-try.
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Cherry Tomatoes
- They cook quickly in the air fryer.
- It is similar to roasting tomatoes while being much faster!
- The cherry tomatoes are bursting with sweet juicy flavor.
- The air fryer brings out the natural flavor of the tomatoes.
- Up-level cherry tomatoes by air frying them.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cherry Tomatoes
- Cherry Tomatoes: Use one pint of cherry tomatoes.
- Olive Oil: Toss the tomatoes in olive oil or lightly spray them with olive oil.
- Garlic: Adds flavor to the tomatoes. Use minced garlic or crush a clove of fresh garlic.
- Italian Herbs: Season the tomatoes with Italian herbs, such as a blend of basil, oregano, and thyme.
- Salt and Pepper: Add salt and pepper for seasoning and to enhance the flavor.
How To Air Fry Cherry Tomatoes
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
Step 2: Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes. You can leave them whole or slice them in half.
Step 3: Add the cherry tomatoes to a large bowl. Then, add the olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Next, toss gently to coat the tomatoes.
Step 4: Add a parchment paper liner to the air fryer basket. Then, place the seasoned cherry tomatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Step 5: Next, air fry the cherry tomatoes. Once done, carefully transfer them to a dish and serve them warm.
How Long To Cook Cherry Tomatoes In The Air Fryer
Roast cherry tomatoes in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for 8-12 minutes, depending on your air fryer. The tomatoes should be soft, roasted, and slightly blistered. Check on them so they don’t burn.
- Use A Parchment Paper Liner: We placed a parchment paper liner in the air fryer basket before adding the tomatoes. It makes for a much easier cleanup.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Don’t overcrowd the basket of the air fryer. The tomatoes should be in one layer and have room in between them.
- Olive Oil: Toss the cherry tomatoes in one teaspoon of olive oil. Or, you can lightly spray them with olive oil.
- Leave Whole Or Slice: You can leave the cherry tomatoes whole or slice them in half before air frying them.
How To Store And Reheat
To Store: If you have any leftover air-fried cherry tomatoes, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To Reheat: To reheat the tomatoes, place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes or warm them up in an oven-safe dish in the oven. Or, reheat them in the microwave.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Cherry Tomatoes
There are so many various uses for air fryer cherry tomatoes! They are a fantastic side dish and a flavorful addition to many meals. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Bread: Enjoy them with some toasted bread.
- Toast: Add them to avocado toast or cottage cheese toast.
- Salads: Add these tomatoes to salads for a burst of flavor.
- Pasta: They make an excellent addition to pasta dishes.
- Scrambled Eggs: Add some over scrambled eggs or your favorite breakfast dish.
- Mozzarella: Enjoy these tomatoes with fresh mozzarella balls and chopped basil.
- Balsamic: Give them a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze for added flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Cherry Tomatoes?
Cherry tomatoes are small tomatoes that have a sweet and juicy flavor. We used a pint of heirloom cherry tomatoes for this recipe.
Can You Roast Tomatoes In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can easily and quickly roast tomatoes in an air fryer. Cherry tomatoes are the perfect size for roasting in the air fryer and the process is much faster than roasting them in the oven. The air fryer brings out the natural sweetness and flavor of the tomatoes. They are a great side dish, appetizer, or addition to various meals.
How Long Do Air Fried Cherry Tomatoes Last?
Air-fried cherry tomatoes last up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Roasted Tomatoes In The Oven
- Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
- Air Fryer Apples
- Air Fryer Carrot Chips
- Crispy Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Air Fryer Peaches
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy these air fryer cherry tomatoes!
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories46
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 304mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 4%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 1.2g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.