These crispy air fryer green beans are a delicious and easy side dish. My favorite way to make green beans is by air frying them. They turn out perfectly crispy and crunchy! Also, they only take 10 minutes to make.
These green beans are seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Then, they are topped with a splash of lemon and a hint of lemon zest. These are seriously the best green beans I have ever had!
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Green Beans
- Green beans are easy to make in the air fryer.
- They are seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- This is the perfect effortless side dish.
- They are super crispy and crunchy.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Green Beans
- Green Beans: Use one pound of fresh green beans.
- Olive Oil: Just a little bit of olive oil is needed. The olive oil helps the green beans become crispy in the air fryer.
- Garlic Powder: Adds garlic flavor to these green beans.
- Onion Powder: Adds delicious flavor to the green beans.
- Salt, Pepper: To season the green beans.
- Lemon: When you are ready to serve them, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top and a pinch of lemon zest.
How To Make Crispy Air Fryer Green Beans
First, cut both ends off of the green beans.
Then, add the green beans to a large bowl.
After that, add the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl.
Next, transfer the green beans to your air fryer. Air fry the green beans and check them a few times while they are cooking.
Then, transfer the green beans to a plate and enjoy!
How To Serve Green Beans
Once air-fried, transfer the green beans to a plate. Then, zest some lemon zest on top and squeeze some fresh lemon juice. For cheesy green beans, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top.
What To Serve With Green Beans
Green beans are the perfect side dish to so many meals. We love to enjoy them with our Italian turkey meatloaf, oven-fried chicken tenders, mac and cheese, and cream of mushroom chicken.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Green Beans
Don’t Overcrowd The Air Fryer
Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer with green beans. You don’t want the green beans to be layered on top of one another. Make sure there is just one layer of green beans per batch that you air fry. Continue this process until you have air-fried all of the green beans, we had to do two batches. By making sure not to overcrowd the air fryer, your green beans will turn out more crispy and crunchy.
How Long To Air Fry Green Beans
Check the green beans 1-2 times while they are cooking so you get them exactly how crispy you want them. Also, you don’t need to preheat the air fryer. Our first batch of green beans took 8 minutes to cook and the second batch took 6 minutes, as the air fryer was already heated. Make sure to toss the green beans around with tongs a few times while they are cooking so they don’t burn.
Make Parmesan Green Beans
To make parmesan green beans, follow our air fryer green beans recipe and sprinkle them with freshly grated parmesan once done.
When To Enjoy Air Fryer Green Beans
It is best to enjoy these green beans after making them while they are still warm. This is when they will be the most crispy. They will become less crispy if they sit out.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Air Fryer Pineapple
- Air Fryer Peaches With Cinnamon
- Red Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy!
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories96
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.4g 2%
- Sodium 596mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 7.9g 32%
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein 4.4g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.