These oven-fried cornflake chicken tenders are incredible! The chicken tenders are marinated in yogurt to make them super moist and juicy. Then, they are coated with the most delicious perfectly seasoned crispy crunchy crust made with cornflakes and cooked to perfection. These oven-fried chicken tenders are waiting for you to dig in. I am sure it will be love at first bite! Make sure to try them with our buffalo ranch dipping sauce!
What Is Oven-Fried Chicken?
Oven “fried” chicken is a healthier take on fried chicken. By baking the chicken tenders in the oven and coating them with a delicious crunchy cornflake mixture, you get a similar texture to fried chicken. This oven-fried cornflake chicken is crispy and crunchy.
Why You Will Love Cornflake Chicken Tenders
- This oven-fried chicken is just as good as KFC!
- These cornflake chicken tenders are super crispy.
- The chicken is baked instead of fried.
- Crushed cornflakes add so much flavor and crunch to the chicken.
Can You Make Fried Chicken In The Oven?
You can’t deep fry chicken in the oven, but you can make this delicious crispy oven-fried chicken. It is baked instead of fried and super crunchy, which gives you the texture of fried chicken.
Is Oven-Fried Chicken Healthy?
Oven-fried chicken is healthier than deep-fried chicken. This is because oven-fried chicken is baked in the oven and not fried in oil. Only a light spray of olive oil is needed.
Cornflake Chicken Tenders
These chicken tenders are oven-fried and dredged in a crushed cornflake mixture. The cornflakes make this super crispy and crunchy. Also, cornflakes add way more flavor than breadcrumbs. We added Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, dried parsley, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the cornflake mixture for even more flavor!
Yogurt Marinade Ingredients
- Greek Yogurt: We used 0-fat greek yogurt as the base of the yogurt marinade.
- Milk: Thins out the yogurt.
- Lemon Juice: The acid tenderizes the chicken.
- Seasonings: Garlic, oregano, salt, and white pepper.
What Yogurt To Use
We used 0-fat greek yogurt to marinate the chicken. You can replace the greek yogurt with plain yogurt to marinate the chicken. Just don’t add the extra milk as the consistency is thinner.
Oven Fried Chicken In Buttermilk
You can make oven-fried chicken in buttermilk instead of in greek yogurt. Just replace the greek yogurt and milk with buttermilk to marinate the chicken.
Why Marinate The Chicken?
Greek yogurt marinade for chicken helps make the meat juicy and more tender. The acidity in the yogurt and lemon tenderizes the chicken.
How Long Can I Marinate Chicken?
You can marinate the chicken tenders in the yogurt marinade for 4 hours or overnight at the most. I find that anywhere between 4-12 hours works great. I like to do this in the morning so they are ready to go for dinner.
Oven-Fried Cornflake Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken: We used chicken tenders in this recipe.
- Cornflakes: The chicken tenders are dredged in the crushed cornflake mixture.
- Seasoning: Season the crushed cornflakes with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, dried parsley, smoked paprika, salt, and white pepper.
How To Make Oven-Fried Cornflake Chicken Tenders
First, make the yogurt marinade. Add the 0-fat greek yogurt, milk, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and white pepper to a large airtight container. Whisk these ingredients together.
Then, add the chicken tenders to the airtight container and cover them with the yogurt marinade. After that, place the airtight container in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate.
Once marinated, remove the chicken from the airtight container.
Next, add the cornflakes to a large Ziploc bag, seal the bag, and use a rolling pin to crush the cornflakes. Then, add them to a large shallow bowl.
After that, add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, dried parsley, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the shallow bowl with the crushed cornflakes.
Then, thoroughly mix these ingredients.
Next, dredge the marinated chicken in the cornflake mixture. Make sure both sides of all of the chicken tenders are thoroughly coated.
Then, lightly spray a sheet pan with olive oil and place all of the chicken tenders on the sheet pan. After that, lightly spray the chicken tenders with olive oil.
Bake the chicken tenders in the oven until fully cooked, let them slightly cool, and enjoy!
Oven-Fried Chicken Breast
We like to use chicken tenders because it makes for the perfect ratio of chicken to crispy coating. However, we have made this recipe with chicken breasts and it is delicious, as well. You can use chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders in this recipe if you would like. Just keep in mind that the cooking time will be longer for the chicken breasts. Make sure to fully cook the chicken. Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is Cornflake Chicken Gluten-Free?
Most cornflakes are not gluten-free. To make this recipe gluten-free make sure to use certified gluten-free cornflakes.
What To Do With Oven-Fried Cornflake Chicken
- Dip this chicken in our buffalo ranch sauce.
- Make a “fried” chicken sandwich.
- Enjoy this oven-fried chicken with mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and roasted sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle some hot honey over this oven-fried chicken.
- Make waffles to go along with this oven-fried chicken so that you have chicken and waffles. Then, drizzle with some maple syrup and enjoy.
- Add our homemade marinara sauce on top and make chicken parmesan.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Gluten-Free Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- French Onion Chicken Skillet
- Healthy Chicken Piccata Recipe
- One Skillet Cream Of Mushroom Chicken
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories261
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 0%
- Cholesterol 70mg 24%
- Sodium 658mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 5.1g
- Protein 38.4g 76%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.