Being Italian some of my fondest food memories are of cooking with my family and enjoying the best Italian food ever. Well, you are in for a treat with this crispy baked eggplant parmesan. It is seriously the best eggplant parmesan I have ever had!
The eggplant is sliced very thin to keep it crispy. Also, the breadcrumb mixture is made with cornflakes to add an extra layer of crunch and flavor! Seasoning the cornflakes makes this the ultimate eggplant parmesan. This recipe is super easy to make and it is baked on one sheet pan.
This is such a great way to enjoy eggplant and is incredibly delicious. Eggplant has a mild flavor and we thinly sliced it so you taste the crunchy cornflakes, marinara sauce, and cheese! This recipe has all the flavors of eggplant parmesan without being fried!
We are obsessed with this recipe and have made it countless times since we created it. It is definitely on a weekly rotation at our house! If you are on the fence about eggplant, this is a must-try that will convert you to loving it.
One Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan
This eggplant parmesan is crunchy, flavorful, and easy to make! Also, all you need is a sheet pan to bake the eggplant parmesan.
Eggplant Parmesan Baked Instead Of Fried
This eggplant parmesan is lightened up and baked instead of fried. It is still incredibly crispy, just like fried eggplant parmesan. The cornflakes make this dish crunchy and delicious.
Ingredients For Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- Eggplant: Thinly slice the eggplant.
- Cornflakes: Add flavor and crunch to the dish.
- Parmesan: Mix parmesan with the cornflakes and sprinkle some on top of each piece of eggplant.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, Italian herbs, onion powder, salt, and pepper are used to season the crushed cornflake mixture.
- Eggs: Whisk the eggs and dredge the pieces of eggplant in them so the cornflakes will stick.
- Marinara Sauce: Top the eggplant pieces with your favorite marinara sauce.
- Cheese: Top your eggplant parmesan with light mozzarella and parmesan.
- Basil: Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil.
Why Use Cornflakes For Eggplant Parmesan?
We used cornflakes in this recipe instead of breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs. Regular breadcrumbs aren’t very crispy. The cornflakes add a crunchy texture, similar to Panko breadcrumbs, but have more flavor. Cornflakes make for a super crispy eggplant parmesan and the corn flavor makes it even more delicious.
Marinara Sauce For Baked Eggplant Parmesan
This eggplant parmesan is super easy to make and you top it with your favorite marinara sauce. Our homemade marinara sauce is a great option!
What Cheese To Use
We used light mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese in this eggplant parmesan recipe. Place the eggplant parmesan back in the oven for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese.
How Thin To Slice Eggplant For Eggplant Parmesan?
The secret to the best and most crispy parmesan is to thinly slice the eggplant, about 1/4 inch in width for each piece. By slicing it thin, the ratio of cornflakes to eggplant makes it extra crispy.
How To Make Baked Eggplant Parmesan
First, thinly slice the eggplant. Then, crush the cornflakes in a sealed Ziploc bag.
Next, add the crushed cornflakes, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian herbs, onion powder, salt, and pepper to a shallow bowl.
Mix the cornflake mixture.
In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. After that, dredge the slices of eggplant in the egg and then in the cornflake mixture.
Then, lightly spray your sheet pan with olive oil and lay your coated eggplant pieces on the sheet pan. Also, spray the top of the eggplant with olive oil.
Bake the eggplant and then flip the pieces and bake on the other side.
Then, add a spoonful of marinara, light mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese over each piece.
After that, put the sheet pan back in the oven to melt the cheese. Top your eggplant parmesan with basil and enjoy!
How To Serve Eggplant Parmesan
This eggplant parmesan is the perfect lunch or dinner. The presentation is beautiful and they can also be served as individual appetizers.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- One Skillet Cream Of Mushroom Chicken
- Easy Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories203
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
- Cholesterol 98mg 33%
- Sodium 679mg 29%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 20%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 14.5g 29%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.