Summertime popsicles are just the best! They are so refreshing and these homemade fruit popsicles are packed with fresh fruit flavor and hydration. I absolutely love the combination of strawberries and cherries with a hint of lime in these popsicles. These sugar-free fruit popsicles are an absolute treat on a hot summer day.
I made these strawberry cherry lime fruit popsicles with coconut water. If you have not used coconut water it is a must! It is nature’s Gatorade for hydration. I am obsessed with coconut water and these homemade popsicles!
Why You Will Love Fruit Popsicles
- These homemade popsicles are made with real fruit.
- The flavors of strawberry, cherry, and lime work perfectly together.
- These fruit popsicles are sugar-free!
- They are the perfect refreshing summer treat on a hot day!
- These fruit popsicles are a healthy and delicious alternative to store-bought ones.
Ingredients For Healthy Fruit Popsicles
- Frozen Strawberries: They are the ultimate summer fruit and are delicious in popsicles.
- Frozen Cherries: We love the flavor of cherries in these popsicles.
- Lime: The hint of lime juice and zest in this recipe adds an extra pop of flavor and tang.
- Coconut Water: Adding coconut water to these popsicles adds hydration, natural electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals.
- Sweetener: Feel free to use your sweetener of choice in this recipe. For sugar-free popsicles, you can use monk fruit or your sugar-free sweetener of choice.
Why Use Coconut Water For Fruit Popsicles?
These strawberry cherry lime popsicles are made with coconut water. Coconut water aids in hydration and includes minerals and vitamins. Also, it has no added sugar, no chemicals, and is good for you and your skin. Additionally, it contains natural electrolytes, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, magnesium, vitamin C, potassium, and calcium. At only 45 calories for 1 cup, it is a perfect replacement for water in this recipe and it adds flavor to these popsicles. I love coconut water and these delicious fruit popsicles!
Change Up The Popsicle Flavor
We love the flavors of cherry, strawberry, and lime in these popsicles. However, you can make these popsicles with cherry or strawberry instead of combining the two fruits. If you do this, just double the amount of fruit you used in replacement of the other fruit.
What Are Sugar-Free Popsicles Sweetened With?
These sugar-free fruit popsicles are sweetened with monk fruit. It can be substituted in a 1:1 ratio to sugar. In addition, stevia or your favorite sugar-free sweetener works well in this recipe.
How To Make Homemade Popsicles With Real Fruit
First, add the frozen strawberries, frozen cherries, sweetener of choice, lime zest, lime juice, and coconut water to a blender.
After that, blend the ingredients until smooth.
Next, pour the liquid into a popsicle mold to form individual fruit popsicles. For an added treat, chop some cherries and strawberries into small pieces. Then, add them to the popsicle molds before pouring in the liquid and freezing the popsicles.
After that, place the lid on your popsicle mold and add the sticks. Freeze your fruit popsicles and enjoy!
How Long To Freeze Fruit Popsicles
These homemade popsicles take anywhere from 5-8 hours to freeze, depending on the size of your popsicle mold. I like to make these the day before and freeze them overnight.
How Long Do Homemade Popsicles Last?
These popsicles can last for months in the freezer. However, I recommended eating them during the summer season or within the first month of making them for the best flavor. They will be fresher this way. Make sure to store them in an air-tight container or your popsicle mold.
Are Fruit Popsicles Healthy?
These fruit popsicles are healthy and lightened up. They have no sugar added and are made with real fruit. Also, coconut water adds electrolytes, minerals, and vitamins to these popsicles. Most store-bought popsicles are made with corn syrup, artificial flavors, and loads of sugar. These popsicles are the perfect healthy alternative and are low in calories.
How To Prevent Popsicles From Dripping
To prevent your homemade fruit popsicles from dripping, you can put a cupcake liner through the popsicle stick. Make sure the cupcake liner is below the bottom of the popsicle so any drips are collected. Also, feel free to use a napkin to prevent dripping.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Easy High Protein Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Best Healthy Dole Whip Pineapple Sorbet
- Dairy Free Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
- Easy Triple Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Easy Watermelon Granita No Sugar
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
16 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories37
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 20mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 0%
- Sugars 7.5g
- Protein 0.2g 0%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.