I love all hummus, but this white bean hummus is my absolute favorite! It is crave-worthy and the addition of white miso paste gives it the ultimate umami flavor. Cannellini beans are perfect in this hummus. The white beans complement the white miso paste and don’t overpower the miso flavor. It is perfectly balanced with tahini, garlic, and lemon. The end result is a velvety, creamy hummus you can’t stop eating. I seriously keep white miso paste on hand just to make this incredible hummus.
Why You Will Love Hummus With White Beans
- The cannellini beans create a smooth and creamy texture.
- The flavor of white miso paste complements the white beans.
- It comes together quickly in a blender or food processor.
- Lemon juice, garlic, and tahini enhance the flavors.
- The flavors in this hummus are balanced and delicious.
What Is White Bean Hummus?
White bean hummus is made with white beans, also called cannellini beans or Great Northern beans. Once blended, they become incredibly creamy. Also, white miso paste is added to this hummus for the ultimate blend of flavors! The combination of white beans and white miso paste in this hummus is spectacular.
Ingredients For White Bean Hummus
- White Beans: Use one can of white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained.
- White Miso Paste: Adds an umami flavor that pairs well with the flavor of the white beans.
- Garlic: Minced garlic adds flavor to this hummus.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds a bright acidic note.
- Tahini: Adds richness to the hummus and contributes to its smooth texture.
- Salt: Is used to enhance the flavors.
- Water: Helps create the ideal hummus consistency.
The Best White Beans For Hummus
This hummus is made with white beans, which are high in fiber and protein. White beans often go by a few different names such as cannellini beans or Great Northern beans. Any of these white beans will work in this hummus recipe.
How To Make White Bean Hummus
Step 1: Rinse and drain the white beans. Then, add them to a high-powered blender or food processor.
Step 2: Next, add the white miso paste, water, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and salt.
Step 3: Blend the hummus until smooth and enjoy!
- Blend Until Smooth: Use a high-powered blender or food processor to thoroughly blend this hummus until it is smooth and creamy.
- Rinse And Drain The Beans: Don’t forget to rinse and drain the white beans.
- Freshly Squeeze Lemon: For the best flavor, freshly squeeze the lemon juice.
White Bean Hummus Toppings
Serve this hummus on its own or with toppings. Here are some topping ideas:
- Toasted sesame seeds
- A drizzle of sesame oil on top
- Fresh chopped parsley
How To Store White Bean Hummus
Store any leftover hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
What To Serve With Hummus
- Vegetables: Enjoy this hummus with your favorite vegetables. We served this hummus with sliced red bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Crackers: Dig into this hummus with your favorite crackers or pita chips.
- Pita Bread: Flatbread and pita bread are delicious with hummus.
- Wraps or Sandwiches: Spread some of this hummus on wraps or sandwiches.
- Bowls: Add some of this hummus to bowls.
- Vegetable Board: Serve this hummus as part of a charcuterie board.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make Hummus With White Beans?
Yes, you can make hummus with white beans and it is absolutely delicious! Traditionally, hummus is made with chickpeas, but this hummus is made with a can of white beans. The flavor of white beans makes for an incredible hummus, especially with the addition of white miso paste, garlic, tahini, and lemon.
Why Add White Miso Paste To Hummus?
White miso paste adds an earthy, umami element to this hummus. It adds another layer of flavor to this hummus and a slight sweetness that pairs nicely with the white beans. The flavor of the white beans doesn’t overpower the white miso paste, instead, the flavors balance each other well. I seriously always keep white miso paste on hand to make this hummus!
Can White Bean Hummus Be Made Ahead Of Time?
You can make this white bean hummus ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This hummus can be made one to two days in advance. Enjoy it within 3-4 days of making it and keep it stored in the refrigerator.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Homemade Hummus Recipe
- Cottage Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- White Bean Tuna Salad
- Spicy Black Bean Soup
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy this white bean hummus!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories120
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 361mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 6.8g 24%
- Sugars 1.7g
- Protein 7.8g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.