Upgrade your side dish game with our easy air fryer carrots recipe! Toss the carrots in a mix of mouthwatering seasonings and drizzle them with a touch of maple syrup for a balance of sweet and savory flavors. The air fryer gives the carrots a perfectly crispy exterior while keeping them tender. These carrots pair perfectly with a variety of main dishes, making them an unbeatable addition to any meal.
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Carrots
- They are an easy and flavorful side dish!
- The seasonings, herbs, and maple syrup add flavor.
- Air frying carrots makes them tender yet crispy.
- Add a touch of maple syrup for caramelization.
- It is an effortless way to up-level carrots.
Why Air Fry Carrots?
Air frying carrots brings out the natural sweetness and flavor of the carrots. They become crispy and caramelized on the outside while tender on the inside. The addition of maple syrup allows these carrots to caramelize and adds flavor.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Carrots
- Carrots: Use one pound of carrots. Wash and peel the carrots.
- Olive Oil: Spray the carrots with olive oil so the seasonings stick.
- Seasonings: Season the carrots with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and fresh thyme.
- Maple Syrup: Add some maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup for a touch of sweet maple flavor.
What Carrots To Use
Use one pound of carrots for this recipe. We used medium-sized rainbow carrots. Peel and dry the carrots before seasoning and air frying them. If the carrots are large carefully slice them in half lengthwise or horizontally into 3-4 inch pieces.
How To Make Air Fryer Carrots
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
Step 2: Wash the carrots. Then, peel them and pat them dry. If your carrots are large, chop them into 3 to 4-inch pieces. After that, add the carrots to a bowl.
Step 3: Spray the carrots with olive oil. After that, add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme. Then, thoroughly mix to coat all the carrots.
Step 4: Once mixed, add half of the maple syrup and mix again.
Step 5: Add the carrots to the air fryer basket and air fry them. Shake the basket halfway through. Once done, carefully remove them from the air fryer, add the remaining maple syrup, and enjoy!
How Long To Cook Carrots In An Air Fryer
Air fry carrots at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes. It depends on the thickness of the carrots as well as your air fryer. Shake the air fryer basket halfway through so the carrots cook evenly. You will know they are done when you can insert a fork through them.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Carrots
Air fryer carrots are a delicious side dish! Add a touch of maple syrup, mix, and enjoy. Serve these carrots on a platter or individual plates. Serve them alongside French onion chicken, cream of mushroom chicken, or our turkey stuffing meatballs.
How To Store And Reheat
Storing: Store any leftover air-fried carrots for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Store them in an airtight container.
Reheating: Reheat leftover carrots in the microwave or in the air fryer or oven for a few minutes to crisp them up again.
- Dry The Carrots: Pat dry the carrots with a towel. Make sure the carrots are completely dry before seasoning them.
- A Single Layer Of Carrots: Arrange the carrots in your air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Shake Halfway: Shake the air fryer basket halfway to move the carrots around so they cook evenly on both sides.
- Check On The Carrots: Check on your carrots while they are air frying so they don’t burn.
- Bake Them Instead: If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these carrots on a sheet pan with parchment paper. Bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-26 minutes, depending on the thickness of the carrots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need To Peel The Carrots?
Yes, you need to peel the carrots before seasoning and air frying them.
Can You Cook Raw Carrots In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook raw carrots in your air fryer! Wash, peel, and pat dry the carrots. Then, season them, air fry, and enjoy! It is easy to cook carrots in an air fryer.
How Long Do Air-Fried Carrots Last?
If you have leftover air-fried carrots, you can store them in the refrigerator and enjoy them within three days.
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try Next!
- Air Fryer Carrot Chips
- Air Fryer Cherry Tomatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Apple Crisp In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Peaches
- Air Fryer Apples
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you. We hope you enjoy these air fryer carrots!
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories117
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 448mg 19%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.7g 20%
- Sugars 15.4g
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.