Enjoy these delicious and crispy air fryer parmesan potatoes! These potatoes are golden brown, cheesy, and bursting with flavor. They are lightly tossed with garlic, onion powder, spices, and freshly grated parmesan cheese, making them irresistibly crave-worthy! They come together quickly and cook in about 10 minutes in the air fryer. These crispy parmesan potatoes are ideal for dipping, are a sensational side dish, and are perfect in a breakfast burrito or bowl. You name it these potatoes are it!
Why You Will Love Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
- They cook quickly in the air fryer and become golden brown.
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese adds incredible flavor to the potatoes.
- They are packed with flavor, super cheesy, and lightened up!
- These air fryer parmesan potatoes are crispy.
- You only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe.
What Are Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes?
Air fryer parmesan potatoes are chopped and tossed in olive oil, garlic, seasonings, and grated parmesan cheese. Using freshly grated parmesan cheese makes these potatoes exceptional! The cheese becomes crispy when the potatoes cook in the air fryer for the ultimate burst of flavor. Adding parmesan cheese truly uplevels your air fryer potatoes.
- Baby Potatoes: Chop the baby potatoes for this recipe into 1/2-1 inch pieces. We used Dutch yellow potatoes.
- Olive Oil: Toss the potatoes in olive oil so the seasonings and parmesan cheese stick to them.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grate the parmesan cheese for this recipe.
- Garlic: Add garlic powder for flavor. You can substitute garlic powder for one clove of fresh garlic.
- Onion Powder: Adds flavor to this recipe.
- Oregano: Adds another layer of flavor to the potatoes.
- Basil: The flavor of basil pairs wonderfully with the parmesan cheese.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
What Potatoes To Use
You can use any potatoes that you like the flavor of for this recipe. Baby potatoes are easier to cut, but you could use regular-sized potatoes instead. Just chop the potatoes into smaller pieces. We love the creamy flavor of Dutch yellow potatoes in this recipe. The flavor of the potatoes pairs nicely with the parmesan cheese. You can substitute the yellow potatoes for your favorite.
How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
Step 1: Wash the potatoes. Then, chop them into small even sized pieces.
Step 2: Add the chopped potatoes to a large bowl filled with cold water to soak for 10-15 minutes to remove some of the starches. Then, pat dry the potatoes.
Step 3: Freshly grate the parmesan cheese.
Step 4: Add the chopped potatoes to a large bowl. Then, add the olive oil, freshly grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to the bowl.
Step 5: Thoroughly mix to coat the potatoes.
Step 7: Air fry the parmesan potatoes. Once done, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool slightly. As an option, freshly grate more parmesan cheese over the potatoes before serving.
How Long To Cook Parmesan Potatoes In Air Fryer
Cook parmesan potatoes in the air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 11-13 minutes. It depends on the size of the chopped potatoes and your air fryer. Shake the potatoes in the basket halfway through so they cook evenly and get crispy on all sides.
What To Serve With Parmesan Potatoes
These air fryer parmesan potatoes are an excellent snack or side dish! Here are some of our favorite ways to serve them.
- Dipping Sauce: Dip them in ketchup, spicy mayonnaise, or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Breakfast Bowl: Serve them in a breakfast bowl.
- Scrambled Eggs: Serve these potatoes alongside scrambled eggs or your favorite breakfast foods.
- Side Dish: Serve them on their own as a side dish.
- Burrito: Add some of these potatoes to a breakfast burrito.
- Freshly Grate Parmesan: For the best flavor, freshly grate the parmesan cheese for this recipe. Buy a block of parmesan cheese from a parmesan cheese wheel to grate. It adds the best flavor and has the ideal texture for sticking to the potatoes and melting.
- Top With Parmesan: Grate parmesan cheese on top of the cooked potatoes before serving for even more parmesan flavor.
- Chop Potatoes Evenly: Cut the potatoes into even-sized pieces so they cook at the same rate in the air fryer.
- Soak The Potatoes: To remove some starches from the potatoes, soak them in a bowl of cold water for about 10-15 minutes. It helps them crisp up in the air fryer when you cook them. Ensure they are dry before seasoning them.
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) before adding and cooking the potatoes.
- Shake Potatoes Halfway: Shake the air fryer basket with the potatoes halfway through. It helps move them around so they become crispy on all sides.
- Don’t Overcrowd The Basket: Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket with the potatoes. Instead, cook them in batches. It helps ensure there is enough room for the potatoes to cook and get crispy.
- Cooking Time: Check on the potatoes while they are cooking, especially near the end. You don’t want to burn or overcook them. They should be cooked through and fluffy on the inside while crisp and golden brown on the outside.
How To Store and Reheat Parmesan Potatoes
To Store: Store leftover cooked parmesan potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To Reheat: To make leftover parmesan potatoes crispy again, reheat them in the air fryer before serving. Or, you can reheat them in the oven.
- Baby Potatoes To Use: We used baby potatoes in this recipe. If you don’t have baby Dutch yellow potatoes, substitute them for your favorite baby potatoes. Another great option is baby red potatoes.
- Use Regular-Sized Potatoes: If you don’t have baby potatoes, use regular-sized potatoes in this recipe instead. Just use 1.5 pounds of potatoes and evenly cut them into smaller pieces.
- Dice The Potatoes: For smaller potato pieces dice them into about 1/2 inch cubes.
- Use Fresh Garlic: You can use fresh garlic in this recipe if you prefer instead of garlic powder. Substitute the garlic powder for one clove of garlic. Crush the garlic and mix it with the rest of the seasonings before cooking the potatoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Parmesan Potatoes Last?
These air fryer parmesan potatoes will last up to three days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are best enjoyed warm after making them while they are the most crispy, but you can reheat leftovers.
When Do I Add Parmesan To The Potatoes?
Add the grated parmesan when seasoning the potatoes. It ensures the potatoes are coated in the cheese before being air-fried. You can freshly grate more parmesan on top once done if you want.
Should I Peel Potatoes Before Air Frying Them?
There is no need to peel the potatoes for this recipe. If you want, you can, but it is not necessary. Just wash and dry the potatoes and chop them.
Do I Need To Soak The Potatoes?
You don’t have to soak the potatoes in cold water, but it can help remove some of the starches. Removing some of the starches from the potatoes can make them crispier when you air fry them.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Cheesy Smashed Potatoes Recipe
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Crispy Air Fryer Green Beans
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories152
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 0%
- Cholesterol 3mg 1%
- Sodium 335mg 14%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 16%
- Sugars 2.3g
- Protein 4.4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.