If you love Oreos and donuts this recipe is for you! We have recreated Ella’s all-time favorite donut and lightened it up! These chocolate Oreo donuts are a healthier alternative that is perfect for any time the donut craving hits!
Also, these donuts are baked instead of fried and are so incredibly delicious! These are the ultimate fluffy and decadent chocolate donuts with vanilla glaze and crushed Oreo cookies on top! You can’t go wrong with these donuts and they are the perfect breakfast, snack, and dessert.
Why You Will Love Chocolate Oreo Donuts
- This recipe makes fluffy chocolate donuts.
- These donuts have decadent flavors while being healthier.
- They are baked instead of fried.
- These chocolate donuts are drizzled with vanilla glaze and crushed Oreo cookies.
Can Donuts Be Baked?
Yes, donuts can be baked! These Oreo donuts are baked and are a healthier alternative to fried donuts. They are packed with all the delicious flavors you are looking for in a donut, without all the fat!
Ingredients For Chocolate Oreo Donuts
- Flour: All-purpose flour is used in this recipe.
- Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder: This gives the donuts a chocolate flavor.
- Baking Powder: To help the donuts rise in the oven.
- Sweetener: You can use sugar or monk fruit in this recipe.
- Salt: Just a pinch in this recipe.
- Applesauce: Unsweetened applesauce is used in this recipe instead of oil.
- Milk: Feel free to use your milk of choice in this recipe. We used unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Vanilla Extract: A little bit is added for flavor.
- Egg: One egg helps the donuts come together and rise in the oven.
Ingredients For The Vanilla Glaze
- Oreos: Oreo cookies are used in this recipe to make Oreo donuts!
- Powdered Sugar: Use powdered sugar or sugar-free powdered sweetener.
- Milk: Use your milk of choice.
- Vanilla Extract: Add two drops of vanilla extract for vanilla flavor.
How Many Donuts Does This Recipe Make?
This recipe makes six chocolate Oreo donuts. We found that six donuts were the perfect amount to have on hand at a time. This is great because you only need one donut pan to make this recipe! You can enjoy them fresh while having enough to share or store for later.
How To Make Baked Chocolate Oreo Donuts
First, sift the flour, Dutch-processed cocoa powder, and baking soda over a large bowl.
After that, add the salt, monk fruit or sugar, unsweetened applesauce, milk, vanilla extract, and egg to the bowl. Then, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
Next, transfer the batter to the inside of a Ziploc bag or piping bag. Then, lightly spray an oven-safe non-stick donut pan with oil and form six donuts.
After that, bake the donuts. Once baked, let them cool in the pan and then transfer them to a wire rack.
While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze. To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
Next, place the Oreos in a small Ziploc bag, seal the bag, and crush the Oreos. Once the donuts have cooled, drizzle the glaze over them.
Then, add the crushed Oreos on top, and enjoy!
The Best Way To Make And Fill A Piping Bag
The easiest way to pipe the donuts is to place a Ziploc bag inside of a tall cup, open it, and fold the top of the bag around the rim of the cup. This makes it super easy to pour the batter into the bag. Once all of the batter is in the Ziploc bag, remove the bag from the cup and seal the bag. Make sure the batter is all in one area of the bag near a corner. Then, make a small snip to cut off the corner edge of the bag so you can pipe the donuts.
Are Baked Donuts Healthier Than Fried?
Yes, these baked donuts are healthier than fried donuts. These Oreo donuts are lightened up! There is no extra fat since the donuts are baked instead of fried. Also, there is no oil in this recipe.
How Long Do Baked Donuts Last?
These baked Oreo donuts will last up to two days at room temperature in a sealed air-tight container. It is best to store them at room temperature when you want to enjoy them the next day. Also, feel free to store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. The donuts may dry out more if stored in the refrigerator for a long time.
Tips For Chocolate Oreo Donuts
How Long To Bake Chocolate Oreo Donuts
These baked donuts take 11-13 minutes to cook in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The donuts are cooked when a toothpick comes out clean.
Don’t Overfill The Donut Pan
Make sure not to overfill the donut pan with batter when making these donuts. Fill each donut with batter and make sure to leave a small amount of room on top. This will give the donuts room to rise in the oven.
Sift The Dry Ingredients
It is best to sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and baking powder for this recipe. When these ingredients are sifted, it gets rid of any lumps and makes lighter, fluffier donuts. Also, sifting these ingredients helps combine them.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- How To Make “Fried” Oreo Thins
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Mug Cake
- Best Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Join us on our YouTube channel for recipe videos!
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories101
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 4%
- Cholesterol 27mg 9%
- Sodium 71mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 8%
- Sugars 3.3g
- Protein 3.3g 7%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.