Stop right now and run to the grocery store and get the ingredients for this high-protein guacamole. It is that good! Once you make this I promise you this will be the only way you will want to make guacamole again. This guacamole is packed with protein from the cottage cheese but even better than that, it makes this guacamole incredibly creamy and decadent. We are obsessed over her with this high-protein guacamole. It is perfect for dipping veggies or chips and it makes the most delicious avocado toast. We can’t wait for you to dig in!
Why You Will Love This High Protein Guacamole
- You only need one avocado to make this guacamole.
- Cottage cheese adds protein to this guacamole.
- The addition of cottage cheese makes it creamy.
- This guacamole is delicious and easy to make.
- You can use it in so many ways!
- Enjoy it as a dip or make avocado toast.
What Is Protein Guacamole?
This high-protein guacamole is made with cottage cheese. The cottage cheese is whipped with the avocado for a creamy consistency. It is seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Then, we added freshly squeezed lime juice and diced tomatoes. This guacamole is incredibly easy to make and delicious!
Ingredients Needed For Protein Guacamole
- Avocado: Use one medium or large ripe avocado in this recipe.
- Cottage Cheese: The cottage cheese is blended with the avocado to make this guacamole dip creamy and add protein.
- Cilantro: Use the cilantro leaves from 8-12 sprigs and remove the stems.
- Garlic Powder: To add a touch of garlic flavor.
- Onion Powder: To add onion flavor. Omit the onion powder if you add diced onion to this dip.
- Salt: A small amount of salt to enhance the flavors.
- Lime Juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice for this recipe.
- Tomatoes: Dice Roma tomatoes and fold them into the guacamole.
How To Make Protein Guacamole
Step 1: Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Next, use a spoon to scoop the avocado and add it to a blender or food processor.
Step 2: Remove the stems from the cilantro. Only use the leaves.
Step 3: Add the cilantro leaves, cottage cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and freshly squeezed lime juice to the blender.
Step 4: Place the lid on the blender. Then, thoroughly blend the ingredients.
Step 5: Transfer the guacamole to a bowl and fold in the optional diced tomatoes.
Optional Additions For Guacamole
This protein guacamole is incredibly delicious, but feel free to fold in other ingredients. Here are some excellent additions that you can mix in. Do not blend any of these. Mix them in when ready to serve.
- Diced red, white, or sweet onion instead of onion powder
- Finely chopped jalapeño
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Diced tomatoes
What To Serve With Protein Guacamole
- Chips: Dip your favorite tortilla chips in this protein guacamole.
- Vegetables: This guacamole is great for dipping with fresh vegetables.
- Tacos: Add some guacamole to tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. We love adding it to our sheet pan tacos and slow cooker enchilada bowl.
- Bowls: Add it to burrito bowls or our breakfast burrito bowl!
- Quesadillas: Serve this guacamole with quesadillas.
- Avocado Toast: This protein guacamole makes delicious avocado toast. Spread some of this guacamole over a piece of toasted bread. Then, top with your favorite toppings, such as sliced tomatoes and chopped cilantro, and enjoy!
- Blend The Avocado and Cottage Cheese: To combine the avocado, cottage cheese, cilantro, and seasonings, blend the ingredients. It gives this dip a smooth and creamy texture. However, do not blend the tomatoes, fold them in.
- Remove Cilantro Stems: You don’t have to chop the cilantro leaves before adding them to the blender. Just remove the stems. The stems are bitter so you only want to use the leaves.
- Cottage Cheese To Use: You can use low-fat, full-fat, or fat-free cottage cheese.
- Salt To Taste: We started with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in this recipe, but salt to taste.
- Make More Guacamole: This recipe is convenient because you can make it with one avocado! If you have more avocados and want to make more guacamole, double or triple this recipe. However, keep in mind that this guacamole is best enjoyed fresh or within a day.
How To Store
This protein guacamole is best enjoyed fresh after making it. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy them within one day.
Protein Guacamole Variations
- Chunky Guacamole: To make chunky guacamole, fold in diced tomatoes and two tablespoons to 1/4 cup of diced red onion. If you add diced onion, omit the onion powder from this recipe. Also, do not blend these ingredients. Fold them in after the guacamole is blended.
- Add Heat: Dice half of a jalapeño for a kick of heat and fold it into the guacamole.
- Garlic: You can replace the granulated garlic with one clove of garlic.
- Lime Juice: If you don’t have a lime, you can replace it with lemon juice.
- Cilantro Replacement: If you don’t like cilantro, omit it from this recipe or replace it with flat-leaf parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Protein Is In This Guacamole?
This high-protein guacamole serves four and has about 3.4 grams of protein per serving, and about 14 grams of protein for the entire recipe.
Is Protein Guacamole Spicy?
This protein guacamole recipe is not spicy. To add spice, fold in some diced jalapeño.
What Size Avocado Should I Use?
Use a medium or large avocado for this recipe. Or, you can use two small avocados.
Does My Avocado Have To Be Ripe?
Yes, your avocado needs to be ripe to make this recipe. Wait until your avocado is ripe to make this guacamole.
How To Ripen An Avocado Quickly?
To help an avocado ripen faster, place it in a brown paper bag with a banana or an apple. Then, place the bag at room temperature on the counter. It helps speed up the ripening process.
More Recipes To Try Next!
- Guacamole Recipe With Greek Yogurt
- Skinny Margarita Recipe
- Easy Pico de Gallo
- Cottage Cheese Burrito Bowl
- Cottage Cheese Queso
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Ranch Dip With Cottage Cheese
- Protein Fluff
- Protein Ice Cream
If you try this recipe please be sure to leave us a comment and star rating ★★★★★ letting us know how it turns out for you.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories97
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 0%
- Cholesterol 1mg 1%
- Sodium 353mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 2.6g
- Protein 3.4g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.